Difficulty in meditation

As Tantra often involves vows and samaya related to secret practice, this sub-forum has been created where Vajrayana practitioners can pose questions, and any of our members or staff can reply confidentially by PM.
Tigersnest

Difficulty in meditation

Post by Tigersnest »

Lately the deeper meditation has been the more pend up sexual energy comes up, I am in my 20s and I don't have a partner at the moment. I'm wondering what I should do because I don't want to break my Tantric vows which seem to be that no sexual conduct is really allowed unless its with a completely qualified practitioner who has been initiated into the same practice as myself.
Does anyone happen to have any advice about what to do, of course my greatest desire is to be able to transmute this energy for the sake of bringing happiness to beings, and the fact that energies have been utilized in extra ordinary ways by practitioners throughout time inspires me that it is possible and that in reality although it seems like an impure impediment and defilements it is really the wisdom of the natural state of the way things are. On a relative level though I would like to be careful and do everything correctly according to what is allowed and recommended within the framework of Buddhist tantra.
Thanks I really appreciate any help!

Return to “Buddhist Tantra Talk”