Strengthening Energy Channels

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
deff

Re: Strengthening Energy Channels

Post by deff »

thanks for the suggestions

i'm not using drugs now, and haven't for quite some time, so i don't think this is related.

as per the Namo Amitabha suggestion, I'm currently finding mantra recitation to be very rewarding, along with shamatha meditation. also I'm in a dharma gar program so we cycle through a practice curriculum (right now about to start guru yoga), so I don't think I will have time to add in Namo Amitabha (though I don't doubt it's efficiency)
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

deff wrote:thanks for the suggestions

i'm not using drugs now, and haven't for quite some time, so i don't think this is related.

as per the Namo Amitabha suggestion, I'm currently finding mantra recitation to be very rewarding, along with shamatha meditation. also I'm in a dharma gar program so we cycle through a practice curriculum (right now about to start guru yoga), so I don't think I will have time to add in Namo Amitabha (though I don't doubt it's efficiency)
Well the thing about mantra is for it to work effectively, it requires concentration while reciting. So whatever mantra you are working on, remember concentration is the key...You can always come back to Namo Amitabha if other mantras don't seem to work out for you.
It’s eye blinking.
Tilopa

Post by Tilopa »

deff wrote:Hi,

I've been possessed by a spirit(s) for the past 16 months, which has made my life and specifically my meditation practice quite difficult. I had a mirror divination done my Lama Dawa when it first started and was told:

Question: I feel there is a demon or entity harming my life and my practice. It frequently deludes me and seems to possess me. Is this a real entity, and if so, what type of entity?
Answer: Your energy channels are very weak, which allows for different spirits to possess you. In particular you are being affected by a spirit named 'Batarey Pandey'.
I think this lama might be able to help you:
http://tibetanlama.com/lama_detail.asp?id=385" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He trained as a shaman in a Brazilian healing tradition before being recognized as an incarnate lama and is widely respected for his kindness and healing abilities.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Gentle persons:

Diagnosis and treatment of spirit possession or attacks are actually an integral part of Tibetan Medicine. According to both Tibetan Medicine there are four main causes of disease: diet, behavior, season and spirits.

While I understand your wish to help and mantra healing is an important part of treating such diseases -- such diseases need to be diagnosed properly. Not just any mantra will necessarily work.

I can understand that some people wish to take psychological perspective about spirits, but this is not the view of Tibetan Medicine or Tibetan Buddhism in general. Giving people advice from Chö teachings is not really suitable and possibly dangerous since it can cause people to ignore dangerous symptoms.

N
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

Namdrol wrote:Gentle persons:

Diagnosis and treatment of spirit possession or attacks are actually an integral part of Tibetan Medicine. According to both Tibetan Medicine there are four main causes of disease: diet, behavior, season and spirits.

While I understand your wish to help and mantra healing is an important part of treating such diseases -- such diseases need to be diagnosed properly. Not just any mantra will necessarily work.

I can understand that some people wish to take psychological perspective about spirits, but this is not the view of Tibetan Medicine or Tibetan Buddhism in general. Giving people advice from Chö teachings is not really suitable and possibly dangerous since it can cause people to ignore dangerous symptoms.

N
It is not Tibetan Medicine but it is important for the person to see his situation through different perspectives. Help should be inclusive.
It’s eye blinking.
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

LastLegend wrote:It is not Tibetan Medicine but it is important for the person to see his situation through different perspectives. Help should be inclusive.
POLITE REMINDER

This particular section of Dharma Wheel is the Tibetan Medicine Forum (it is clearly marked in the header). Please keep responses specifically to that subject area.

Regards,
rt

Return to “Tibetan Medicine”