Air's function

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
Virgo

Air's function

Post by Virgo »

In a general sense, does the element of air ever perform the function of "pulling" per se? I know air usually has to do with movement and that is has a quality of "pushing" (or is it displacing?) due to it's function of manifesting as pressure.

I know there is the downward-clearing wind in the body, and at other times other winds move "downward" but does the wind ever perform the function of "pulling", ie. acting as a force or in conjunction with other forces to pull something to a certain destination. Pulling (attracting, bringing, causing something to tag along) it seems, would be different from pushing (repelling, moving something towards something else based on pressure exerted).

I ask this question because I am trying to understanding physics a little better (especially gravity as explained in Einsteins Theories) from the perspective of the elements.

Kevin
Malcolm

Re: Air's function

Post by Malcolm »

Not to my knowledge, no.
Virgo wrote:In a general sense, does the element of air ever perform the function of "pulling" per se? I know air usually has to do with movement and that is has a quality of "pushing" (or is it displacing?) due to it's function of manifesting as pressure.

I know there is the downward-clearing wind in the body, and at other times other winds move "downward" but does the wind ever perform the function of "pulling", ie. acting as a force or in conjunction with other forces to pull something to a certain destination. Pulling (attracting, bringing, causing something to tag along) it seems, would be different from pushing (repelling, moving something towards something else based on pressure exerted).

I ask this question because I am trying to understanding physics a little better (especially gravity as explained in Einsteins Theories) from the perspective of the elements.

Kevin
Virgo

Re: Air's function

Post by Virgo »

I'd go into some discussion of the functions of wind and space on gravity but it is too windy out for such a discussion!

:rolling:
Kevin

Return to “Tibetan Medicine”