Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Josef

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Josef »

Greg wrote:
What is the best book of his elaborating on this practice?
The Guru Yoga book
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Josef wrote:
Greg wrote:
What is the best book of his elaborating on this practice?
The Guru Yoga book
Yes, that book really is awesome. I have read it about 3 times now in 3 weeks. You can finish it in one day. It is very short and can be bought as a pdf.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Greg wrote: What is the best book of his elaborating on this practice?

Guru Yoga:

http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.ph ... tail&p=455

http://www.shangshungstore.org/index.ph ... tail&p=434

The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

magnagei wrote:OOps didn't mean to start such a discussion on vegetarianism, just a simple clarification. Anyways.

Anyone know if Rinpoche likes something in particular that may be a good gift? Or maybe where to get a traditional scarf?

Also if this is allowed on a public forum: when doing the experience of emptiness with 6 Ah's, is it eyes open or closed? If this question is inappropriate, please delete, it doesn't seem to specific to me, but I'd hate to break samaya. Thank you.
Rinpoché often offers to practice together with him ... this time too, the second session. So it's easy to see how he his practicing.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

magnagei wrote:OOps didn't mean to start such a discussion on vegetarianism, just a simple clarification. Anyways.

Anyone know if Rinpoche likes something in particular that may be a good gift? Or maybe where to get a traditional scarf?

Also if this is allowed on a public forum: when doing the experience of emptiness with 6 Ah's, is it eyes open or closed? If this question is inappropriate, please delete, it doesn't seem to specific to me, but I'd hate to break samaya. Thank you.
I think I read that he prefers people to look at him, as he is the source.
Left
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Hi Dronma
Dronma wrote:In 3 days from now a new webcast starts! :smile:
Is it planned to be webcasted for sure?

It doesn't say either way here:

Tsegyalgar East

Jul. 4-10

Yeshes Khandroí Thugthig (Jnanadhakini) Teaching CONTACT: [email protected] or 413 369 4153

http://www.melong.com/retreats.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, I emailed the Webcast Team, but they've not replied yet....

Why are there many previous webcasts missing from here?

http://www.freezecast.com/replay/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does anyone know?
Last edited by Lhug-Pa on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

They always remove older webcasts from replay list after a certain period of time.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Thanks Norwegian.

Does anyone know why they remove older webcasts periodically?
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

If I had once DC membership but I didn't buy it this year, can I still use my login and password and listen to restricted webcast?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Jacob wrote:If I had once DC membership but I didn't buy it this year, can I still use my login and password and listen to restricted webcast?

You ought to just pay your membership.
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

I am looking to download a copy of the Mandarava sadhana so i can participate in the upcoming collective practice for Rinpoche. I thought I read in this thread that it is available on the webcast site in restricted files. My membership is up to date but I cannot find it. Is it not there or am I looking in the wrong place?

Any or all help apprecaited.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

MalaBeads wrote:I am looking to download a copy of the Mandarava sadhana so i can participate in the upcoming collective practice for Rinpoche. I thought I read in this thread that it is available on the webcast site in restricted files. My membership is up to date but I cannot find it. Is it not there or am I looking in the wrong place?

Any or all help apprecaited.
Firstly, you must log in. Then go to the Files and click to the last link where it writes:
Restricted Texts of Retreats
click here to access (user must already be logged in)
Mandarave Practice is still there! :smile:
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Lhug-Pa wrote:Hi Dronma

Is it planned to be webcasted for sure?

There is always webcast (open or closed). Apart from Yangti and Togal.
It will not be the first time that Rinpoche is transmitting Jnanadhakini through webcast.... :smile:

Lhug-Pa wrote: It doesn't say either way here:

Tsegyalgar East

Jul. 4-10

Yeshes Khandroí Thugthig (Jnanadhakini) Teaching CONTACT: [email protected] or 413 369 4153

http://www.melong.com/retreats.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, I emailed the Webcast Team, but they've not replied yet....

Why are there many previous webcasts missing from here?

http://www.freezecast.com/replay/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does anyone know?

I have no idea about the rest of the questions. It is the job of Webcast Team, Mirror Team etc.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Blue Garuda wrote:

I doubt he says so ... when one practice, one does not really look at someone.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Sönam wrote:
Blue Garuda wrote:

I doubt he says so ... when one practice, one does not really look at someone.

Sönam
The quote was something about students (in SOV?) looking at the sky instead of looking at him.

It ends with: ''They don't understand that the teacher represents our real state, not the sky.''
Last edited by Blue Garuda on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Left
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Blue Garuda wrote: The quote was something about students (in SOV?) looking at the sky instead of looking at him.
Yes, that is right, when singing SOV it is better to gaze at the boss then over his head. I have heard him say this myself.

M
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Malcolm wrote:
Blue Garuda wrote: The quote was something about students (in SOV?) looking at the sky instead of looking at him.
Yes, that is right, when singing SOV it is better to gaze at the boss then over his head. I have heard him say this myself.

M
I'm utterly crap at remembering when and where I pick things up.

It may have been The Mirror on the SOV. I found a Google source but the material had been removed (possibly 'Teacher Taining') but it did end with the words:
' ''They don't understand that the teacher represents our real state, not the sky.''

Maybe it was a bit of a pun - doesn't his name include 'sky'?
Left
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

Thanks, Dronma, I got it to work.

Next question: I received three separate emails concerning the date of this practice but the dates were conflicting. Sometimes it said the date of the collective practice was July 3rd and sometimes it said July 7th. In one email it said both. What's the date and time of the practice?

Thanks in advance.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

MalaBeads wrote:Thanks, Dronma, I got it to work.

Next question: I received three separate emails concerning the date of this practice but the dates were conflicting. Sometimes it said the date of the collective practice was July 3rd and sometimes it said July 7th. In one email it said both. What's the date and time of the practice?

Thanks in advance.

From what I know until now it is July 3rd (Full Moon) at 7:00 pm (GMT+2) from Kunkyabling - Prague.
http://www.practicingtogether.org/
Last edited by Dronma on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Dronma wrote:There is always webcast (open or closed). Apart from Yangti and Togal.
It will not be the first time that Rinpoche is transmitting Jnanadhakini through webcast.... :smile:
Well Pero has said that there is also no webcast for the Longsal Root Empowerment, however I think that it was said a couple pages ago that the upcoming retreat is not the Longsal Root Empowerment.

So it looks like there will be a (closed?) webcast from July 4 - 10. :)

http://tsegyalgar.org/localcenters/tsegyalgareast/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://tsegyalgar.org/localcenters/tseg ... thchoegya/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:arrow: http://dzogchencommunity.org/dzogchen/c ... t-usa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Lhug-Pa on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Dzogchen”