Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Dronma

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Dronma »

Sönam wrote:
Blue Garuda wrote: I think I read that he prefers people to look at him, as he is the source.
I doubt he says so ... when one practice, one does not really look at someone.

Sönam

Hehee.... Good one, Sönam! :thumbsup:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Lhug-Pa wrote:
Dronma wrote:There is always webcast (open or closed). Apart from Yangti and Togal.
It will not be the first time that Rinpoche is transmitting Jnanadhakini through webcast.... :smile:
Well Pero has said that there is also no webcast for the Longsal Root Empowerment, however I think that it was said a couple pages ago that the upcoming retreat is not the Longsal Root Empowerment.

So it looks like there will be a (closed?) webcast from July 4 - 10. :)

http://tsegyalgar.org/localcenters/tsegyalgareast/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://tsegyalgar.org/localcenters/tseg ... thchoegya/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:arrow: http://dzogchencommunity.org/dzogchen/c ... t-usa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Obviously, Pero was talking about Empowerment, which it is true that never goes through webcast.
Not about teaching transmission which is always in webcast.
This is the reason that Rinpoche is giving Donwang for all people who are present in the place of the retreat and at the same time through webcast worldwide!
The Donwang of Lama Yeshes Khadro will be on July 6th. :smile:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Isn't a Don-Wang a type of Empowerment though?

(I understand that there would specific reasons why the Root Empowerment (Wang?) of Longsal, and other Empowerments, cannot be transmitted via webcast).
Josef

Post by Josef »

Lhug-Pa wrote:Isn't a Don-Wang a type of Empowerment though?

(I understand that there would specific reasons why the Root Empowerment (Wang?) of Longsal, and other Empowerments, cannot be transmitted via webcast).
Yes a Don-wang is an empowerment.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje »

TSEGYALGAR EAST RETREAT

July 4 - 10, 2012

OPEN WEBCAST - (GMT - 4)

DAY 1, Wednesday, July 4, 2012

5:00 -7:00 PM-TEACHING: Introduction to this Teaching Retreat and the Three Gates with Chögyal Namkhai Norbu

DAY 2, Thursday, July 5, 2012

10:00 AM –Noon Teaching with with Chögyal Namkhai Norbu: Introduction to The Three Paths of Liberation and Short Tun Transmission

DAY 3, Friday, July 6, 2012

10:00 AM -Noon Introduction of transmissions and the Donwang of Lama Yeshes Khadro

DAY 4, Saturday, July 7, 2012

10:00 AM –Noon Teaching with Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Instruction of Practice of L.Y.K. and transmission of the Thuntsog

DAY 5, Sunday, July 8, 2012

10:00 AM –Noon – Instruction and practice instruction of Lama Yeshes Khadro'I Thugthig

DAY 6, Monday, July 9, 2012

10:00 AM-Noon Teaching some related Transmissions

DAY 7, Tuesday, July 10, 2012

10:00 AM –Noon Advice about Daily Practices and so on. Retreat will finish with a Ati Guru yoga.

Bye,
The Webcast Team
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Someone posted about vajra sister who is a neuroscientist doing some scans of the brain while practising meditation in the Dzogchen way which showed a reduction in activity of the prefrontal cortex and als9 quoted some texts saying the f3eling is like lifting a hat off your head. I often feel like this during practice and afterwards, is this what ChNN calls "presence"? Vidya/instant presence I think I feel only in some momentary flashes while doing guruyoga.
Andrew108

Post by Andrew108 »

Sherlock wrote:Someone posted about vajra sister who is a neuroscientist doing some scans of the brain while practising meditation in the Dzogchen way which showed a reduction in activity of the prefrontal cortex and als9 quoted some texts saying the f3eling is like lifting a hat off your head. I often feel like this during practice and afterwards, is this what ChNN calls "presence"? Vidya/instant presence I think I feel only in some momentary flashes while doing guruyoga.
Confidence is part of the realization.
The Blessed One said:

"What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range." Sabba Sutta.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Andrew108 wrote:
Sherlock wrote:Someone posted about vajra sister who is a neuroscientist doing some scans of the brain while practising meditation in the Dzogchen way which showed a reduction in activity of the prefrontal cortex and als9 quoted some texts saying the f3eling is like lifting a hat off your head. I often feel like this during practice and afterwards, is this what ChNN calls "presence"? Vidya/instant presence I think I feel only in some momentary flashes while doing guruyoga.
Yes the 2nd statement but what I wanted to ask was whether this corresponded with the stste of presence, not instant presence in anyone's personal experience.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Part of the next retreat includes the transmission of a 'Thuntsog'.

What is it, please?
Left
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Ganapuja
Andrew108

Post by Andrew108 »

Sherlock wrote:
Andrew108 wrote:
Yes the 2nd statement but what I wanted to ask was whether this corresponded with the stste of presence, not instant presence in anyone's personal experience.
Perhaps you might start a new thread about this.
The Blessed One said:

"What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range." Sabba Sutta.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Sherlock wrote:Ganapuja
Ah, thanks. :)
Left
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Just looking at the list - is Dorje Drolod classed as Yidam or Dharmapala ?

I read the old thread but couldn't find out which.
Left
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I think some deities can be both, like Simhamukha or Guru Dragphur, Dorje Drollod is similar since you actually transform into him. Other protectors like Ekajati are usually solely protectors and rarely transformed into.
florin

Post by florin »

whith the help of Rinpoche i've stopped celebrating numbers but i cant fail to notice how Dc thread it's been most successful by reaching its 100th page.
This shows interest and dzogchen its spreading.

:namaste:
heart

Post by heart »

Sherlock wrote:I think some deities can be both, like Simhamukha or Guru Dragphur, Dorje Drollod is similar since you actually transform into him. Other protectors like Ekajati are usually solely protectors and rarely transformed into.
All are Yidams, never heard of them being protectors.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

heart wrote:
Sherlock wrote:I think some deities can be both, like Simhamukha or Guru Dragphur, Dorje Drollod is similar since you actually transform into him. Other protectors like Ekajati are usually solely protectors and rarely transformed into.

/magnus
Yep, looks like I'm wrong with regards to the first three, who are yidams. Ekajati is a protector though, as sadi by ChNN many times.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Sherlock wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
Yep, looks like I'm wrong with regards to the first three, who are yidams. Ekajati is a protector though, as sadi by ChNN many times.
Thanks both. :)

Yes, if there is self-generation then I think Yidam.

I think it was Malcolm who advised at one point that it depends on the empowerment given (we were discussing Hayagriva at the time, as I'd found a Dharmapala form and he is normally a Yidam).

Garuda also gets the 'Dharmapala' label at times, and I think it is because of the wrathful forms these Yidams take, and becuaue they offer protection against, for example, Gyalpos and other obstructions to practice.

I received the Sang and Serkyem and Guru Tragphur books today so I'm still feeling my way. LOL )
Left
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Blue Garuda wrote:Just looking at the list - is Dorje Drolod classed as Yidam or Dharmapala ?

I read the old thread but couldn't find out which.
Definitely a yidam. Dorje Drolod is one of the 8 main manifestations of Guru Padmasambhava.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Sherlock wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
I know that in Nyingma there is a lion-faced female protector, but I don't believe she is the same as the yidam Singhamukha.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman

Return to “Dzogchen”