Qigong and metta, and Qigong in Buddhist practice...

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
/johnny\

Qigong and metta, and Qigong in Buddhist practice...

Post by /johnny\ »

So I practiced some metta meditation out of the blue and then later and the next day i noticed that when visualizing my qi it was totally white, like pure, bright light. normally it varies from light yellow in my heart and head dan tiens too a fiery orangy yellow in my lower dan tien.

i realize it's all in my head. but it's significant because i made no mental connection between the two practices whatsoever, i had no expectations or hopes that they would influence each other, nor had i ever heard anything about this. i just did metta meditation because i felt like it and then later was just doing my normal qigong like always and that's just how it looked in my minds eye.

anyone else experience this?

Also, any information or experiences with qi and buddhism would be interesting and welcome to hear.
dakini_boi

Re: Qigong and metta, and Qigong in Buddhist practice...

Post by dakini_boi »

Well that makes sense because metta can have the effect of regulating and purifying one's qi.
/johnny\

Post by /johnny\ »

dakini_boi wrote:Well that makes sense because metta can have the effect of regulating and purifying one's qi.
thanks, do you know any more about it?
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Disordered/polluted qi is mainly caused by afflictive emotions. Metta is an antidote to afflictive emotions - because afflictive emotions are all based on self-clinging, and metta pacifies self-clinging. At least, that's how I understand it! :namaste:
/johnny\

Post by /johnny\ »

dakini_boi wrote:Disordered/polluted qi is mainly caused by afflictive emotions. Metta is an antidote to afflictive emotions - because afflictive emotions are all based on self-clinging, and metta pacifies self-clinging. At least, that's how I understand it! :namaste:
awesome. thanks, any books you recommend?
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

I don't have a specific book to recommend, but basic books on Chinese medicine often explain how the emotions affect the movement of qi. I know you were asking about Buddhist qigong in another thread - there are a couple books I know of that cover a wide range of qigong practices, and have sections in them discussing Buddhist qigong . . . these books are "The Roots of Chinese Qigong" and "Qigong Empowerment." You may be able to find them at your library.
/johnny\

Post by /johnny\ »

dakini_boi wrote:I don't have a specific book to recommend, but basic books on Chinese medicine often explain how the emotions affect the movement of qi. I know you were asking about Buddhist qigong in another thread - there are a couple books I know of that cover a wide range of qigong practices, and have sections in them discussing Buddhist qigong . . . these books are "The Roots of Chinese Qigong" and "Qigong Empowerment." You may be able to find them at your library.
sweet, thanks! i'll look them up.
Osho

Post by Osho »

Kenneth Cohen's
The Way of QiGong... the art and science of Chinese energy healing.
is comprehensive.
More about Mindfulness here
http://bemindful.co.uk/

" A Zen master's life is one continuous mistake."
(Dogen).

Return to “Alternative Health”