That which persists

Share your stories and poems with us here.
ronnewmexico

That which persists

Post by ronnewmexico »

When no breath is
it is that which persists
when no conscious thought is
when no heart beat is
when no sight to see is seen
when no good or bad is found
when no right or wrong is found
when no internal direction be found
all retained found equal with exactness in consideration
discrimination found to be exactly that as retained is as is
and then abiding in equanimity, all found equal, habitual then devolved
when no object then presents
awaiting

In the wilderness I slept one week ago. A bear slept also as I slept(strange for a bear that) 100 feet away. It awoke as I awoke, shat three times and left.....(no creative writing this part :smile: )

What is the meaning of this? Was it guarding me? Was it pure happenstance? Was it being my companion in sleep? Did it smelling me, eating no meat.... know in its bear way, I was not a hunter or desiring its body?
Was it sizing me up for a future meal? Was it not a bear at all but a spirt of sorts, appearing as bear for purpose of various sort?

Some say the buddha did exchange his clothing for that of a hunter upon leaving the palace. Meeting one in the forest. That done so he may not be noticed, as prince and be brought to palace back. The colors worn not of a brahamin or contemplative of the day, but of a hunter.Some say not.
I suppose so, and say yes...I suppose he did.
I suppose it was the quiet mind of the hunter, the buddha did also take on as clothing, something to wear as well.
As all good hunters know, as all in this time and day of sport, know, to do well in sport at the moment of action, a mind must be quiet....a hunter is only successful when prey must be approached closely...with a quiet mind. To do otherwise, they sense and will run away.
Sensing it seems the more active mind a predator wears always, in seeking its prey as it must.

So I surmise and now return with..... that which persists.
It being my only constant
a thing which may not evolve nor devolve, not change nor no be changed, as it is but quality; as water is always wet when presenting as water....that which persists is.
awaiting
always
And finding us to be in this realm or next, as human bear bee or formless form.....persisting in that
always

Object objectless, it matters not.....it persists
that which persists
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
lobster

Re: That which persists

Post by lobster »

I am the bear awareness
the dessert in the desert

I am the persistence of the Void
The Night
The mourning
The death of all reason

:namaste:

Return to “Creative Writing”