Tönpa Shenrab Miwoche is from a 14th century terma?

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

http://books.google.com/books?id=La1CWi ... po&f=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SSJ3Gogeta

Re: Tönpa Shenrab Miwoche is from a 14th century terma?

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

so what does that say about Bon?
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:so what does that say about Bon?

Tashi delek,

Thanks for your post.

You better did post this topic in the Bon sub-forum, because it deals with Bon.
Maybe that one of the Mods or Administrators can remove this topic to the Bon sub-forum? :applause:

We have a lot of Terma teachings inside Bon due to the persecutions Bon did undergo in Tibet.
Terma teachings prove the existence of Bon from before those Terma teachings.

Zhang Zhung Nyengyud is Bon Dzogchen and stems from Tazhig an area which does belong to Olmo Lungrig.It is an oral tradition which was first written down about the 8th century. After the 8th century we see / get a lot of terma's.

Well we know that the Zhang Zhung kingdoms are far from before the 8th century and the Bon Buddha Tonpa Shenrab Miwoche is again much more older than this.

So all in all is our Buddha Tonpa Shenrab Miwoche as well mentioned in terma's as well in the oral way.
What does it say about Bon and their Buddha? Well that they are still alive, in those days and at the very moment with their Buddha Tonpa Shenrab Miwoche on top.

What is here finally important?

IMO the excellent Bon Dzogchen teachings which can bring enlightenment in this very live which is allready proved by their Dzogchen Zhang Zhung Masters in the past and present days. :D

All these teachings stem from our Buddha Tonpa Shenrab Miwoche. When and where done is IMO not so important but that it is done some time and some where that seems to be very logic .

Hope this helps

Mutsug Marro
KY
The best meditation is no meditation
SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

Sam van Schaik concludes: "But in truth the 'old religion' was a new religion, an inspired conjunction of Tibet's pre-Buddhist myths and rituals with the teachings of Buddhism......"
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

http://www.scribd.com/doc/96594534/Bellezza-Shenrab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

By the way, if anyone thinks I am undermining Bon, Sam van Schaik does a similar treatment on Guru Rinpoche.

90% of Guru Rinpoche's biography is terma.
Last edited by SSJ3Gogeta on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:By the way, if anyone thinks I am undermining Bon, Sam van Schaik does a similar treatment on Guru Rinpoche.
The earliest formal accounts of Tonpa Shenrab as a Buddha are from the Mdo 'dus and the Zer mig which both are termas revealed in the 11th century. However, there were 18 Bonpo Tertons before Shenchen Lugah.
SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

Actually I have more respect for Bon now because terma is the highest.

However my big problem is that I don't believe the Guru Rinpoche who appears to people in visions is the same as the historical Padmasambhava.
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:Actually I have more respect for Bon now because terma is the highest.

However my big problem is that I don't believe the Guru Rinpoche who appears to people in visions is the same as the historical Padmasambhava.

Tashi delek SSJ3Gogeta,

Why are you convinced that the Guru Rinpoche appears in visions, would be different than the historical Padmasambhava ?

Mutsug Marro
KY
The best meditation is no meditation

Return to “Bön”