Prayers for Geshe Phende

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
DharmaKitty

Prayers for Geshe Phende

Post by DharmaKitty »

I ask for your prayers for my teacher, Geshe Phende, who is undergoing a liver transplant right now. Prayers too for the family and friends of the donor. May they find a sense of comfort and peace at this time. :heart:
The essence of a real practice is to bring our intellectual understanding to the level of our heart - so as to feel it - to live it!
plwk

Re: Prayers for Geshe Phende

Post by plwk »

JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

I pray the transplant is successful :namaste:
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

:namaste:
Lotus108

Post by Lotus108 »

May the transplant be successful, and may the donor's family take comfort from this most special of gifts. :namaste:
DharmaKitty

Post by DharmaKitty »

Many thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. I have just received this update, which I would like to share with you:
Geshe-la was moved to the ICU a little past 9:00 am this morning. He's a little sedated, of course, but responsive, smiles and recognizes people, can squeeze a hand, and has even answered and asked a few questions, the first one being, "Is this the ICU?"

He had an ultrasound, and the transplant team came by for a post op
visit as well. Everyone if extremely pleased with how smoothly the surgery went and how well he seems to be responding. He will be closely monitored for the next 24 hours and if everything continues to go well, they will move him out of the ICU and back to the transplant unit sometime tomorrow. The staff there is looking forward to welcoming him back to the 7th floor!
:heart:
The essence of a real practice is to bring our intellectual understanding to the level of our heart - so as to feel it - to live it!

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”