Wheel of Rebirth

Just for fun
Red Faced Buddha

Wheel of Rebirth

Post by Red Faced Buddha »

Let's play Wheel of Rebirth.The person above will give you your past rebirth and you must describe your life in your "previous" incarnation in one or two paragraphs.

In your previous lifetimes,you were a rakshasa.
A person once asked me why I would want to stop rebirth. "It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want to be reborn."
I replied. "Wanting to be reborn is like wanting to stay in a jail cell, when you have the chance to go free and experience the whole wide world. Does a convict, on being freed from his shabby, constricting, little cell, suddenly say "I really want to go back to jail and be put in a cell. It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want that?"
Aemilius

Re: Wheel of Rebirth

Post by Aemilius »

Red Faced Buddha wrote:Image

Let's play Wheel of Rebirth.The person above will give you your past rebirth and you must describe your life in your "previous" incarnation in one or two paragraphs.

In your previous lifetimes, you were a rakshasa.
If You reside in the pureland of Amitabha, You would have never even heard about the three lower realms, much less would You be able to talk about such things.
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Geeeezzzzz Aemilius, you are such a party pooper! My guess is that you don't reside in Dewachen so it is quite likely that you were a Rakshasa in a previous life. Given, also, that those currently residing in Dewachen were not "born" there from day one of their existence, but also have cycled infinitely through samsara, it means that they too were born as a raksasha at some point in time. So either play the game, or go play somehwere else by yourself! :tongue:
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Red Faced Buddha

gregkavarnos wrote:Geeeezzzzz Aemilius, you are such a party pooper! My guess is that you don't reside in Dewachen so it is quite likely that you were a Rakshasa in a previous life. Given, also, that those currently residing in Dewachen were not "born" there from day one of their existence, but also have cycled infinitely through samsara, it means that they too were born as a raksasha at some point in time. So either play the game, or go play somehwere else by yourself! :tongue:
Thank you Greg.Guess I'll have to get the wheel rolling again :smile: .
I was a rakshasa who lived in a cave and fed on any passerby that came my way.I was gluttonous and self-adsorbed,killing and eating everyone that came my way until I attacked a passing by monk.Unfortunately for me,this monk was on good terms with Yamantaka,and that was the end of me.
In a past life,you were a Brahma.
A person once asked me why I would want to stop rebirth. "It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want to be reborn."
I replied. "Wanting to be reborn is like wanting to stay in a jail cell, when you have the chance to go free and experience the whole wide world. Does a convict, on being freed from his shabby, constricting, little cell, suddenly say "I really want to go back to jail and be put in a cell. It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want that?"
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

gregkavarnos wrote:Geeeezzzzz Aemilius, you are such a party pooper! My guess is that you don't reside in Dewachen so it is quite likely that you were a Rakshasa in a previous life. Given, also, that those currently residing in Dewachen were not "born" there from day one of their existence, but also have cycled infinitely through samsara, it means that they too were born as a raksasha at some point in time. So either play the game, or go play somehwere else by yourself! :tongue:
I coudn't resist. When the person says that he is located in Dewachen, I think it is appropriate to point it out to him, that the lower realms do not exist there even by name.

best wishes!
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
Red Faced Buddha

Aemilius wrote:
I coudn't resist. When the person says that he is located in Dewachen, I think it is appropriate to point it out to him, that the lower realms do not exist there even by name.

best wishes!
Pray you find enlightenment before I do.

Return to “Games & Humour”