Jodo-E

rory

Jodo-E

Post by rory »

Today is Jodo-E the celebration of Shakyamuni's attaining Enlightenment; but as followers of the Lotus Sutra we should focus on Shakyamuni as the Eternal Buddha, he was always Enlightened and always will be, the human form is just an upaya. Shaka Butsu is at Eagle Peak discussing the sutra, when we practice enough and attain we'll hear it too....
gassho
Rory
Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu
Chih-I:
The Tai-ching states "the women in the realms of Mara, Sakra and Brahma all neither abandoned ( their old) bodies nor received (new) bodies. They all received buddhahood with their current bodies (genshin)" Thus these verses state that the dharma nature is like a great ocean. No right or wrong is preached (within it) Ordinary people and sages are equal, without superiority or inferiority
Paul, Groner "The Lotus Sutra in Japanese Culture"eds. Tanabe p. 58
https://www.tendai-usa.org/
Masaru

Re: Jodo-E

Post by Masaru »

Happy Bodhi Day/Jodo-e a day late!

Myoho-Nameless

Post by Myoho-Nameless »

I honored Buddha by getting a christmas tree.
"Keep The Gods Out Of It. Swear On Your Heads. Which I Will Take If You Break Your Vow."- Geralt of Rivia
Masaru

Post by Masaru »

Myoho-Nameless wrote:I honored Buddha by getting a christmas tree.
In SGI and Shoshu they put evergreens on each side of the Gohonzon to represent eternity of life. Just get another one and flank the Gohonzon with them and BLAM!

Instant Holiday crossover. :thumbsup:

Crass? Like a Jedi... :jedi:
rory

Post by rory »

Happy Bodhi Day back at you Masaru!! Hehe since the Budda is always at Eagle Peak, being a day late is no problem :twothumbsup:
:namaste:
Rory
Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu
Chih-I:
The Tai-ching states "the women in the realms of Mara, Sakra and Brahma all neither abandoned ( their old) bodies nor received (new) bodies. They all received buddhahood with their current bodies (genshin)" Thus these verses state that the dharma nature is like a great ocean. No right or wrong is preached (within it) Ordinary people and sages are equal, without superiority or inferiority
Paul, Groner "The Lotus Sutra in Japanese Culture"eds. Tanabe p. 58
https://www.tendai-usa.org/
Myoho-Nameless

Post by Myoho-Nameless »

Masaru wrote:
Myoho-Nameless wrote:I honored Buddha by getting a christmas tree.
In SGI and Shoshu they put evergreens on each side of the Gohonzon to represent eternity of life. Just get another one and flank the Gohonzon with them and BLAM!

Instant Holiday crossover. :thumbsup:

Crass? Like a Jedi... :jedi:
I am SO doing that...also Indians often deck their shrines with "Christmas" lights and other gay apparel.
"Keep The Gods Out Of It. Swear On Your Heads. Which I Will Take If You Break Your Vow."- Geralt of Rivia

Return to “Nichiren”