live webcast Kagyu Monlam Dec 21 - Jan 1 India

PadmaVonSamba

live webcast Kagyu Monlam Dec 21 - Jan 1 India

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
WuMing

Re: live webcast Kagyu Monlam Dec 21 - Jan 1 India

Post by WuMing »

I've watched the webcasts so far. Great opportunity to attend the monlam for people not able to go there.
But I wondered where Situ Rinpoche is. I've seen only Gyaltsab Rinpoche attending the prayers.
Does anybody know??
Wuming
Life is great and death has to be just as great as life.
- Mike Tyson
People not only don't know what's happening to them, they don't even know that they don't know.
- Noam Chomsky
Palzang Jangchub

Re: live webcast Kagyu Monlam Dec 21 - Jan 1 India

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

WuMing wrote:I've watched the webcasts so far. Great opportunity to attend the monlam for people not able to go there.
But I wondered where Situ Rinpoche is. I've seen only Gyaltsab Rinpoche attending the prayers.
Does anybody know??
Wuming
I believe it has something to do with the Indian government's restrictions on his movements. One or two Mönlams ago there was a long-life (empowerment?) ceremony for both Gyaltsab & Tai Situ Rinpoches. His Eminence Gyaltsabpa was there in person, wearing the orange hat and everything, whereas Tai Situpa was only able to attend electronically...

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ

Return to “Kagyu”