Thogal Practice: Thigle

Salomon

Thogal Practice: Thigle

Post by Salomon »

Dearest Friends,

I have gazed the sky or any light and I can see more and more clearly this sphere of light: Thigle.
Unfortunately, I have found quite difficult to make great progress in this practice, my body seems to be more lighter the more I practice it.

I don't really know what I need, I would love to hear some experiences from that and if they have seen some progress.
I know that the Heart is playing a great role in this process of dissolving into light.

Thank you,

much light !
AdamAnt

Re: Thogal Practice: Thigle

Post by AdamAnt »

Did you expierence it while meditating?
And was it in yourself when you have yr eyes closed, or somwhere outside with open eyes?
Did you use incense when you had that feeling?

Because I saw it in me when I had my eyes closed and burned some incense. But only once many years ago. I was that time in Dharamsala, where is much more spiritual vibration compare to the place where I live now.

All the best AdamAnt
Om Mani Peme Hung
CrawfordHollow

Post by CrawfordHollow »

This response may sound a little redundant or simplistic to you, but...

Thogal practice is something that is not generally discussed on an open forum like this. This is something that should be talked about with a true, genuine, Dzogchen master from an authentic lineage. I know that you wrote about your skeptism about samaya, but it may be wise to learn something about it. I would really, really urge you to seek out a qualified master.
Salomon

Post by Salomon »

Thank you CrawfordHollow,

Can you help me to find one?

I completely understand that this has to be kept secret because any distraction is not good.
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

There is a list of Dzogchen Lamas at the top of the Dzogchen forum, it's a good place to start. Diligently investigate the ones you are interested in, because simply being listed here is no guarantee that they have really brought their practice to its culmination, or that their conduct is okay. Also, there are others not listed.
Salomon

Post by Salomon »

Thank you Yudron.
CrawfordHollow

Post by CrawfordHollow »

Um...

I can try. Where are you? We can go from there. Actually this board is a great resource because there are a number of very dedicated practitioners from all over the globe. I'm sure that me or somebody else can help you get established with a genuine teacher. I read your introduction. I know that some of the comments that people posted about your teacher seemed harsh and unjust. In Dzogchen, though, lineage is very, very important. There are a number of teachers out there so I think it would be worthwhile for you to look into finding one that has the backing of a genuine lineage. That way you know its the real deal. There are also the teachings of Choegyal Namkhai Norbu, who holds regular Dzogchen retreats that you can view over webcast. Look up Dzogchen Community to find out more. I am a member of this community and I think it is an exceptional resource, but I find that the webcasts are no substitute for one on one interactions with a teacher and sangha. It would be a good place to start, though. So post your location and your desire to find a Dzogchen teacher and people will certaintly help you out! Also, please don't be offended by what you may see as criticism directed towards your current teacher. I read your responses, which you claimed were not coming from your intellect- but all of our judgements come from our intellect, that is its function. This is one of the reasons why the path of Dzogchen can be dangerous without the support of a real teacher. It is very easy to think that we are resting in rigpa or having genuine realization, when really it could be nothing more than our own ego deluding us. That is the funtion of the ego- delusion. I guess I am trying to suggest that you be open to these criticisms, and give them some thought. Many of these folks here have a lot of experience, and it would be worthwhile to listen to what they say. Listen, I have to go now, it is finally snowing out here in New Hampshire and the pup is ready to play! I wish you well on your path, and I will do what I can to assist you.

Troy
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

Also, the best kind of lama probably will not tell us what we want to hear.
CrawfordHollow

Post by CrawfordHollow »

Oh, see...

While I was typing that somebody offered you assistance. That is how it works around here, we're not all that bad. Actually Yudron can help you better than myself, she's a great resource!
CrawfordHollow

Post by CrawfordHollow »

Yes,

there is a path that you need to follow. This path involves a starting point. It involves overcoming your obscurations and delusion. You may be disappointed if you go to a teacher looking for Thogal advice and they give you something completely different. A good teacher knows how to give us the instructions that are the most applicable, like a doctor giving you the right medicine. This is good advice.
Salomon

Post by Salomon »

Thank you both of you.

I have seen the limitation of Candice and her teaching. And I am more interested in the knowledge I can get from a genuine teacher in Dzogchen lineage.
I am still using my intellect, that's for sure but it is like a tool. I am not completely talking from the Heart but I am more identified as the Heart than anything else. It is a instinctive felt sense.

I am living in London Uk. Thank you again.

<3
Salomon

Post by Salomon »

Dearest Friends,

I am impressed and recognize a living Heart in Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche.
Just wanted to share this. I am glad to have reached this forum.

much love
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Open Intelligence wrote:Dearest Friends,

I am impressed and recognize a living Heart in Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche.
Just wanted to share this. I am glad to have reached this forum.

much love

ChNN will be in London at the beginning of October 2013 at the Camden Centre. 3 day Dzogchen retreat on the 'Longsal Ati Nadzer'
s.
CrawfordHollow

Post by CrawfordHollow »

Yeah,

ChNN is the real deal. The webcasts make his teachings very accessable. There is one coming up very soon, if it is not closed you should tune in and see what he is all about. Remember that the webcast times are posted for the location of the retreat, so you'll have to adjust the time accordingly. Check out the website if you haven't already, you'll see what I am talking about. The teachings of ChNN are very direct and to the heart, they are very fitting for modern day practitioners. You need to recieve transmission from him in order to do the practices, but as long as you tune into the webcast live, you can recieve the transmsissions that way. The fact that he is coming to your country so soon is very auspicious. If I were you I would take advantage of that. Let me know if you have any questions. I am very pleased and excited for you, this is really good!

Troy
Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

CrawfordHollow wrote:Yes,

there is a path that you need to follow. This path involves a starting point. It involves overcoming your obscurations and delusion. You may be disappointed if you go to a teacher looking for Thogal advice and they give you something completely different.
Yes, probably over a decade of feverish practice starting with ngondro accumulations on the order of 100k repetitions. :twisted:
CrawfordHollow

Post by CrawfordHollow »

Let's not scare anyone away now. Not everyone shares our taste for such sadistic purification practices. :tongue:
heart

Post by heart »

tomamundsen wrote:
CrawfordHollow wrote:Yes,

there is a path that you need to follow. This path involves a starting point. It involves overcoming your obscurations and delusion. You may be disappointed if you go to a teacher looking for Thogal advice and they give you something completely different.
Yes, probably over a decade of feverish practice starting with ngondro accumulations on the order of 100k repetitions. :twisted:
2 decades is the minimum. :smile:

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

If you are a student of CHNN, it isn't at all necessary
to do 100 thousand accumulations. CHNN is a teacher
of Dzogchen but does not require ngondro, it is however
an option.

The title of this thread: Thogal Practice: Tigle...
is not necessarily an equation that spells out whether or not the OP has
had transmission and instruction in the practice he/she mentions,
so one can't assume that the OP has had direct introduction, or that
that direct introduction has also become stable. Without it the higher practice
the OP mentions does not work, this is another reason why the OP would want to really
practice for a very good long time with CHNN's guidance if he/she is inclined
to do so. :heart:
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

Please not another ngondro thread ...

:crying:
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Yudron wrote:Also, the best kind of lama probably will not tell us what we want to hear.
:good:

Given the sensitivity of the topic, I'd like to bring this thread to a close now that Open Intelligence's question has been answered helpfully from a couple of perspectives. Please PM me or another moderator if there's a reason to reopen the thread, and I'll consider it. thanks

Return to “Dzogchen”