Newbie Vajrayana Buddhist

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
cataractmoon

Newbie Vajrayana Buddhist

Post by cataractmoon »

Hi, all. I just found this great forum by accident--a good accident!

I have practiced Mahayana Buddhism for nearly ten years and have taken refuge in the Vajrayana path last October 2011. I am very excited to learn from this forum. May all beings in the present and future benefit from this forum's wisdom!

Peace,
Moon
lowlydog

Re: Newbie Vajrayana Buddhist

Post by lowlydog »

Welcome moon, :hi:
Punya

Post by Punya »

cataractmoon wrote:Hi, all. I just found this great forum by accident--a good accident!

I have practiced Mahayana Buddhism for nearly ten years and have taken refuge in the Vajrayana path last October 2011. I am very excited to learn from this forum. May all beings in the present and future benefit from this forum's wisdom!

Peace,
Moon
Greetings Moon. It seems a bit silly to say welcome when I've only just arrived here myself! :smile:

I too am new to Vajrayana after following a Mahayana path for some years. What made you made you change direction?
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Welcome Moon! :namaste:

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hi:
:yinyang:
plwk

Post by plwk »

Ok...there's catmoon and cataractmoon :shock:

Ohai! :mrgreen:
waimengwan

Post by waimengwan »

Welcome to DW
cataractmoon

Post by cataractmoon »

Punya wrote:
cataractmoon wrote:Hi, all. I just found this great forum by accident--a good accident!

Peace,
Moon
Greetings Moon. It seems a bit silly to say welcome when I've only just arrived here myself! :smile:

I too am new to Vajrayana after following a Mahayana path for some years. What made you made you change direction?
I'm not sure I changed directions. For me, the Vajrayana holds particular teachings and liturgies to approach two great aspects of Mahayana: bodhicitta and emptiness. Vajrayana is Mahayana.

Peace.
cataractmoon

Post by cataractmoon »

plwk wrote:Ok...there's catmoon and cataractmoon :shock:

Ohai! :mrgreen:
Ha! I see that now.

Return to “Introductions”