Choling Dorsem Short Daily Sadhana

Yeti

Choling Dorsem Short Daily Sadhana

Post by Yeti »

Hi,

If anyone has a copy of the Choling Dorsem (Chogyur Lingpa Vajrasattva) short daily sadhana with both Tibetan (if possible) and English, please PM me and I'll send you my email address. PDF is fine, but if I can get it in doc format so I can up the fonts that would be better.

Thank
Geoff
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications
Yeti

Re: Choling Dorsem Short Daily Sadhana

Post by Yeti »

Does anyone have a contact within the Choling lineage / organisation where I may be able to obtain a copy of this?
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications
Silent Bob

Post by Silent Bob »

Are you in the US? If so, the Gomde store, "Ratna Shop", always has it in stock. However, they don't fill mail orders when the place is essentially closed down for the winter. If the text you are trying to find is the Sangtik Dorsem, Chokgyur Linpa's terma, I could photocopy my own and mail it to you, no problem. Just let me know if you want me to do that.

Chris
"All the sublime teachings, so profound--to throw away one and then grab yet another will not bear even a single fruit. Persevere, therefore, in simply one."
--Dudjom Rinpoche, "Nectar for the Hearts of Fortunate Disciples. Song No. 8"
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

Silent Bob wrote:Are you in the US? If so, the Gomde store, "Ratna Shop", always has it in stock. However, they don't fill mail orders when the place is essentially closed down for the winter. If the text you are trying to find is the Sangtik Dorsem, Chokgyur Linpa's terma, I could photocopy my own and mail it to you, no problem. Just let me know if you want me to do that.

Chris
Hi Chris,

I'm in AU. Have sent emails to the relevant places; CGLF are on holidays till end of January. I don't know if it's the Sangtik Dorsem, but if you could just put the first few lines of the refuge here then I would recognise it. If it is that one, then if you could just scan it and send it to me in email that would be great. I'll PM you me email if it is the one.

Thanks very much
Geoff
Silent Bob

Post by Silent Bob »

Yeti, I'm not able to scan and send anything, however, I don't mind copying it and sending by mail if you don't mind. As requested, here are the first few lines of the refuge:

"NAMO
In order to liberate myself and all sentient beings from suffering,
I take refuge in Guru Vajrasattva, the Three Jewels, the yidams
and all the dakinis.
Until enlightenment, I will regard you as my refuge."

That work for you? It's the standard VS daily practice done in Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche's centers.

Chris
"All the sublime teachings, so profound--to throw away one and then grab yet another will not bear even a single fruit. Persevere, therefore, in simply one."
--Dudjom Rinpoche, "Nectar for the Hearts of Fortunate Disciples. Song No. 8"
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

Silent Bob wrote:Yeti, I'm not able to scan and send anything, however, I don't mind copying it and sending by mail if you don't mind. As requested, here are the first few lines of the refuge:

"NAMO
In order to liberate myself and all sentient beings from suffering,
I take refuge in Guru Vajrasattva, the Three Jewels, the yidams
and all the dakinis.
Until enlightenment, I will regard you as my refuge."

That work for you? It's the standard VS daily practice done in Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche's centers.

Chris
Yes, that is it, I'm pretty sure, it's the Refuge in Tibetan I know better. Will PM you my address. Thanks a lot.

Geoff
jonathanshaw

Post by jonathanshaw »

I'm also looking for this translation of the Sangtik Dorsem by Erik Pema Kungsang (digital or paper). However, I cannot find a source Rangjung Yeshe's practice booklets online. Any ideas anyone?
Jonathan
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Here you are...lots of other translations on that site, all free and PDF format.

https://lhaseylotsawa.org/texts/sangtik-dorsem-sādhana
s.
jonathanshaw

Post by jonathanshaw »

Thanks Stewart. Rangjung Yeshe Gomde supplied me with a pdf of EPK's translation, which looks at first glance different to the Lhasey Lotsawa one you link to. Nice to have both.

Return to “Nyingma”