Is the CNN Dzogchen Comunity - a sect ?

mañjughoṣamaṇi

Re: Is the CNN Dzogchen Comunity - a sect ?

Post by mañjughoṣamaṇi »

DAWN wrote:Caz, I'am not sure that CNNR will make me the transmission if i ask him.
Rinpoche gives direct introduction (transmission) during every webcast including the open (free) webcasts. He also gives the lungs (transmission) for upwards of 30 practices at all the webcasts. Nowadays, most of the texts from the open webcasts are being made available as PDFs at no charge. So you don't even need to ask, you just need to attend.
I saw many peoples who was searching for some Dzhogchen teachings, but they was refused or invited to pay a cost of membership.
It is a true Bodhichitta? :thinking:
Generally if you contact the communities ahead of time they will work something out. Sometimes some students are overzealous in trying to "protect" the teachings but this is unfortunately found in any community of a significantly large size.
Also, in russian part of DC, there is one story when money of some guy was stollen by the DC. Many peoples are awere of this story.
This is hearsay without any more details. There are people who have stolen from the community so without knowing names it is hard to know what situation you are talking about.
If distribution of money resources into DC are shown (communicated each year) to their members - it's an association.
In the United States anyone can request financial information for non-for-profit religious organizations from the state they are registered in. I don't know the various laws of the different countries, but usually if you want to know how funds are being used you get involved in the local gakyils (governing bodies of the community) and the information becomes available.
སེམས་རྣམ་པར་གྲོལ་བར་བྱའི་ཕྱིར་བྱམས་པ་བསྒོམ་པར་བྱའོ།
“In order to completely liberate the mind, cultivate loving kindness.” -- Maitribhāvana Sūtra

"The bottom always falls out of the quest for the elementary. The irreducibly individual recedes like the horizon, as our analysis advances." -- Genesis, Michel Serres
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

DAWN wrote:There is a price of teaching, not a contribution, or donate.
And, actualy, what exactly is sold? Buddha teaching?
Peoples pay for what exactly? Liberation from suffering? So if there is no mo suffering, theachers will not have any money... hmm. :thinking:
Dawn,

I really hope that you're just misunderstanding what we're telling you - and not just trolling.

There is no 'price of teaching'. Your membership fee covers mostly webcast servicing. Retreat fees cover retreat organization - and the tiny extra that remains, if it remains, is used to expand local centres (i.e., rent buildings for local gompas). Nobody's wallets get thicker. Not a penny is earned by the teacher.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
DAWN

Post by DAWN »

gregkavarnos,

Yes, i think if Dhamma organisations will show their money distribution, it's the best way to avoid such questions as mine.

treehuggingoctopus,

Actually, if teachers as CNNR are Bodhisattas and enlightened beengs, who want to free all beeings from suffering, why they dont use YouTube? It's free, and everyone can find teaching, and be liberated from his suffering.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

No, YouTube is not free. Users pay for it with their time by having to endure advertisements and the tracking of their behavior online (data mining).
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

DAWN wrote:
Jikan wrote:Maybe there's a language issue at work here? I assume the word "profit" in the DC documents DAWN refers to does not carry the same meaning as "profit" in the thinking of a Rockefeller or any contemporary robber baron for that matter.
In this document that i saw, the son of CNNR spoke about money profit, profit from selling of product, and as he said, the most important product is the membership.
He dont use words as teaching or donate or something like that, he spoke about "product", "profit", "shops", "selling", "re-selling" etc... :thinking:
DAWN,

Is English ChNN's first, second, third, fourth, or fifth language?

Is English your first, second, third, fourth, or fifth language?
mañjughoṣamaṇi

Post by mañjughoṣamaṇi »

DAWN wrote:Actually, if teachers as CNNR are Bodhisattas and enlightened beengs, who want to free all beeings from suffering, why they dont use YouTube? It's free, and everyone can find teaching, and be liberated from his suffering.
You are seemingly forgetting the 1.1 billion people in the PRC who don't have legal access to youtube but do have legal access to the open (free) webcasts.

At this point, I can't help but come to the conclusion that you are not discussing this in good faith but are engaging in slander.
སེམས་རྣམ་པར་གྲོལ་བར་བྱའི་ཕྱིར་བྱམས་པ་བསྒོམ་པར་བྱའོ།
“In order to completely liberate the mind, cultivate loving kindness.” -- Maitribhāvana Sūtra

"The bottom always falls out of the quest for the elementary. The irreducibly individual recedes like the horizon, as our analysis advances." -- Genesis, Michel Serres
DAWN

Post by DAWN »

I'am not trolling, i just dont understand how Dhamma can be sold.

Dhamma is a way of liberation from suffering, and if Dhamma is sold, actualy it's a money of suffering. Peoples are redy to PAY to be liberated, and some peoples, as son of CNNR, spoke even about to get profit from this mass of suffering. I dont see compassion here.
It's just that, that i'am wandering about.

I was shoked about what was said by son of CNNR, and aprouved by CNNR himself.
But if it's OK, it's OK.

Just wondering.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

You've had your question answered: Chogyal Namkhai Norbu is NOT SELLING THE DHARMA. Everyone agrees that the Dharma is free, but samsara isn't, and we work in samsara.

Topic locked.

Return to “Dzogchen”