G'day from Oz

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Russellji

G'day from Oz

Post by Russellji »

Hello,

I am new to forums in general and came across a post on this site while investigating the similarities between Advaita Vedanta and Buddhism, and liked what I saw.

Om Shanti,

Russellji
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: G'day from Oz

Post by Grigoris »

Welcome Russel! :hi:

Hope we can be of some help to you.

What part of Australia are you from? I used to live in Melbourne for about 15 years before moving to Greece.
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Punya

Post by Punya »

Hi Russellji. :smile:
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
lobster

Post by lobster »

Hi Russel, :hi:

:popcorn:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!
:yinyang:
Russellji

Post by Russellji »

Thanks all for the greetings.

Greg, I am from the other side of Oz, Perth. About as far as you can get from Melbourne (Little Greece :smile: ) within Oz.

Russell
futerko

Post by futerko »

G'day Russellji :hi:
Russellji

Post by Russellji »

Hello again,

I have been trying to figure out how to subscribe to forums or topics. The only help I can find is:-
How do I subscribe to specific forums or topics?
To subscribe to a specific forum, click the “Subscribe forum” link upon entering the forum. To subscribe to a topic, reply to the topic with the subscribe checkbox checked or click the “Subscribe topic” link within the topic itself.
and some other posts for help from newbies, which I have tried to no avail. Can anyone please tell me how to find this subscribe checkbox. Is there an alternative to get new posts emailed to me, or a suggestion as to how to keep up with new posts to forums.

Thanks,

Russell
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

I've never tried to use that function. I just tried now but... :shrug:

If you post in a thread then when you press the "View your posts" button (top left hand corner) then it will show if the thread you have posted in has any new posts anyway, that way you can keep track of any thread you are interested/involved in.

The "View new posts" button below that will give you a list of all the new posts made since you last checked, whether you have posted in a thread or not.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

gregkavarnos wrote:I've never tried to use that function. I just tried now but... :shrug:

If you post in a thread then when you press the "View your posts" button (top left hand corner) then it will show if the thread you have posted in has any new posts anyway, that way you can keep track of any thread you are interested/involved in.

The "View new posts" button below that will give you a list of all the new posts made since you last checked, whether you have posted in a thread or not.

The View New Posts function is great. It's the only way I access the forum these days.

Return to “Introductions”