Greetings from Slovenia

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
londonerabroad

Greetings from Slovenia

Post by londonerabroad »

Hi,

I am an English Buddhist settled these past 27 years in Slovenia. Back in 1979 I travelled overland to India in search of answers to the pain I felt in the world. I discovered Buddhism in Dharamsala and saw it held possible answers. Back in London in 1981 I heard the Dalai Lama speak and immediately afterwards joined Sogyal Rinpoche's Rigpa Centre. I only took dharma teachings from Sogyal Rinpoche for two years before relocating first to Scotland, then Slovenia in 1985. I lost contact with the Buddhist world though I continued practicing meditation almost daily ever since I was taught how more than 30 years ago. Apart from reading the odd Buddhist book, the most memorable being the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche and Zen Mind Beginner's Mind by Suzuki Roshi, my only contact with Buddhism has been online for the last four years or so.

I am currently practicing the six perfections and cultivating bodhicitta. I mediate a number of times daily and try to purify my karma often but especially evenings and set my motivation every morning before a formal early morning meditation session.

I am interested in what all the schools and various dharma teachers have to say about the dharma but consider myself closest to Tibetan Buddhism and possibly Zen also. I am currently without a teacher.
DGA
Former staff member

Re: Greetings from Slovenia

Post by DGA »

Hi, Welcome to DharmaWheel! I hope you find what you seek...
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hi:
Welcome to Dharma Wheel!
:buddha1:
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

Very interesting story! Many people have contact with teachers all the time, but can't sustain their meditation practice. You have no problem meditating, but have had very little contact with teachers, or sangha.
mañjughoṣamaṇi

Post by mañjughoṣamaṇi »

Hello,

You might want to get in touch with Pero, he lives in Slovenia and is pretty up on dharma events there.

All the best.
སེམས་རྣམ་པར་གྲོལ་བར་བྱའི་ཕྱིར་བྱམས་པ་བསྒོམ་པར་བྱའོ།
“In order to completely liberate the mind, cultivate loving kindness.” -- Maitribhāvana Sūtra

"The bottom always falls out of the quest for the elementary. The irreducibly individual recedes like the horizon, as our analysis advances." -- Genesis, Michel Serres
lobster

Post by lobster »

hi :thumbsup:
futerko

Post by futerko »

cor blimey guv, strike a light... oops, I mean hello there!

Return to “Introductions”