Vajrayogini Stupa

waimengwan

Vajrayogini Stupa

Post by waimengwan »

Does anyone know how does a Vajrayogini stupa look like, pictures would be great.

Also if one has the instructions, ingredients , what to place inside the Vajrayogini stupa etc to make it that would be awesome please PM me thank you.
waimengwan

Re: Vajrayogini Stupa

Post by waimengwan »

Is the Vajrayogini Stupa any one of this eight great STUPA designs?
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

I have never hear of a Vajrayogini stupa. That would be neat to hear more about.

Those eight stupas you showed are connected to the eight great deeds of the Buddha, such as decent from Tushita, Teaching dharma, parinrivana etc.. that is on one level or view of looking at it, could thre be a "tantric" view of each stupa where they are associated with an activity? Maybe like the eight herukas, perhaps another aspect could be the eight consorts of the herukas, then you might have a chance of having an aspect of vajrayogini in a stupa?

Thants my little Dharma fantasy mind at work.

bryan.
wisdombeing

Post by wisdombeing »

Is there any Vajrayogini Stupa anywhere? I would love to see a picture!
Son of Buddha

Post by Son of Buddha »

cool stupa pics
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

At Mirik Monastery in India, Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche's monastery, there is a stupa which holds his remains. It's known as a "Kalachakra Stupa" --and there is, in fact, a large Kalachakra statue in the "window" or whatever that opening in the stupa is called.....it did not strike me as having a shape extraordinarily different from any of the designs in the 8 Stupa shapes in this thread.

http://www.bokarmonastery.org/mod/galle ... EPTY=&pn=0So, my guess is that one of these shapes will have a Vajrayogini statue inserted in the archway, and that is why it will be called a Vajrayogini stupa.

But I could be proven wrong.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

conebeckham wrote:At Mirik Monastery in India, Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche's monastery, there is a stupa which holds his remains. It's known as a "Kalachakra Stupa" --and there is, in fact, a large Kalachakra statue in the "window" or whatever that opening in the stupa is called.....it did not strike me as having a shape extraordinarily different from any of the designs in the 8 Stupa shapes in this thread.

http://www.bokarmonastery.org/mod/galle ... EPTY=&pn=0So, my guess is that one of these shapes will have a Vajrayogini statue inserted in the archway, and that is why it will be called a Vajrayogini stupa.

Could be but a Kalachakra Stupa has a unique design with a sphere in place of the upper bell-like structure.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

kirtu wrote:
conebeckham wrote:At Mirik Monastery in India, Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche's monastery, there is a stupa which holds his remains. It's known as a "Kalachakra Stupa" --and there is, in fact, a large Kalachakra statue in the "window" or whatever that opening in the stupa is called.....it did not strike me as having a shape extraordinarily different from any of the designs in the 8 Stupa shapes in this thread.

Could be but a Kalachakra Stupa has a unique design with a sphere in place of the upper bell-like structure.

Kirt
Interesting! Take a look at the pics in that link...I know they're not great, but does it look like a sphere instead of a bell-like structure? I was just there, in December, and I seem it recall it being more round on top....
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

conebeckham wrote:
kirtu wrote:

Kirt
Interesting! Take a look at the pics in that link...I know they're not great, but does it look like a sphere instead of a bell-like structure? I was just there, in December, and I seem it recall it being more round on top....
I can't tell. It could be that the Kalachakra Stupa design that I referred to is specific to Gelug or comes from a particular tradition. But at least three Kalachakra Stupa's world-wide have the same essential design:

Typical Kalachakra Stupa design

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “Gelug”