Cultural Buddhism vs what being a Bhudda is!

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
guiseppe

Cultural Buddhism vs what being a Bhudda is!

Post by guiseppe »

Okthe thing i find tobe a paradox around culture and religion is the fact that it seems to devoid fromthe escence where the teacher seems to be excluded...it bacame tradition and religious and most practinoers seem tobe more cought upp in the cultural path then finding a path that leads them to enlightment...interesting note! Also i consider meny people outside of buddhism to sutch as Terrance Mcenna, enyways goodluck with whatever you are doing and reach your goal instead of pursuing the practices as the goal and be in compassion be in that you are!!!
heart

Re: Cultural Buddhism vs what being a Bhudda is!

Post by heart »

guiseppe wrote:Okthe thing i find tobe a paradox around culture and religion is the fact that it seems to devoid fromthe escence where the teacher seems to be excluded...it bacame tradition and religious and most practinoers seem tobe more cought upp in the cultural path then finding a path that leads them to enlightment...interesting note! Also i consider meny people outside of buddhism to sutch as Terrance Mcenna, enyways goodluck with whatever you are doing and reach your goal instead of pursuing the practices as the goal and be in compassion be in that you are!!!
You know Terrance Mcenna died from a brain tumor at the age of 53?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Whereas you are not caught up in culture and are on the path of enlightenment? :shrug:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
oushi

Post by oushi »

guiseppe wrote:Okthe thing i find tobe a paradox around culture and religion is the fact that it seems to devoid fromthe escence
From this "essence" nothing can be devoid.
heart wrote:You know Terrance Mcenna died from a brain tumor at the age of 53?
What a great loss....
Say what you think about me here.
muni

Post by muni »

Whether our grasping mind is focussing and so rejecting or accepting this or that culture, or we deeply respect and trust those who have already realized what dual mind/discursive thought cannot grasp.

I think we can 'use' the curing tools from what is called traditions, culture without aversion/attachment since these are not the problem. Clinging is.

:namaste:
Roland

Post by Roland »

oushi wrote:
heart wrote:You know Terrance Mcenna died from a brain tumor at the age of 53?
What a great loss....
A great loss indeed. One of my favorite beings that ever lived.
"Seek truth in meditation, not moldy books. Look in the sky to find the moon, not in the pond."
- Persian proverb
muni

Post by muni »

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”