Sudden jolt movement or emit sound while practice

Stewart

Re: Sudden jolt movement or emit sound while practice

Post by Stewart »

Salomon wrote:
Stewart wrote: Saloman,

Be careful, you are coming across as someone who is qualified to offer advice on Trekcho, which I'm sure you are not (I come to this conclusion by reading your various comments on Trekcho)

I mean this with respect, but it is very easy to shift from the role of aspiring practitioner to someone who thinks their limited practice experience has allowed them to dispense advice to others. This can cause obstacles and false expectations for beginners. This is why in Dzogchen and Mahamudra, we rely on the Masters (or those appointed by them). Not people who have read a few books, attended a couple of retreats and attached huge importance to their 'experiences'.

Stewart
Hello Stewart,

Well, if you look back you will be surprised. It is a matter of hours to me, how much I can change because I practice in every moment all day.
There isn't one moment without practice. So, it's not really a good idea to look back for someone like me, rather refers to what I am saying right now, it is more reliable. I would say this for all real practitioner.

I recognized myself in his practice so I gave the confirmation I would need in such a case. I wouldn't share anything without being almost sure of what I am going to say. So yes, I am careful but at the same time, real practitioners overcome obstacles, depends on people actually, this is a kind of thing you can feel when you speak to someone.

Yeah that's all very well and good....but it still doesn't qualify you to offer advice on Trekcho. Because saying
I practice in every moment all day.
is just your opinion and/or delusion. Hardly anyone is like this, don't fool yourself into thinking you are one of them....and certainly don't try to convince others into thinking this about you, as best you cause obstacles for yourself and others, at worst you lead them off the true path of Dharma.
I wouldn't share anything without being almost sure of what I am going to say
Yes, herein lies the problem, how do you know that your are not just sharing your delusion? Who has confirmed to you you have the stability to advise others?

Giving advice/opinion on mundane things is one thing, but telling others 'This is Trekcho' or 'Trekcho is like this or that' is stepping over the line. Be careful.
s.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Actually Salomon,

No offence, I have just finished skimming through your other posts and I realise you don't have the first clue about Dzogchen/Trekcho etc.

Candice O'Denver?!! Give me a break...that's a game changer...I thought we were having a real conversation here. Don't get me wrong, I realise you think you know what Dzogchen is, and because of this, there will be no convincing you otherwise.

Don't bother responding to my last post, I now know all I need to.

Beginners, beware.
s.
Salomon

Post by Salomon »

You say no offense, it's like spitting on someone and then saying no offense.
I know that we all share the same kind of experiences as human beings that we can easily recognize from some point of what we have experienced in our lives. Delusion wouldn't be the experience, it has its truth value, I would say that this is what we think of it or the interpreation that may be deluded or not completely right.

But yet again, this can be easily overcome if someone is serious in its practice.

So, when you see in others what you have experienced and where it has led you this far like tasting ice-cream leading to pleaure knowing obviously what happened before like the body moving on its own with the practice of cutting-through, you don't need anyone for this obvious simple experience.

You are talking like someone who has some knowledge but not so much practice.
For me, it isn't so incredible to practice in every moment, It isn't because from your point of view it is rare that you have to dismiss someone like me with this normal claim to me for a serious practitioner.

It's all about Teacher to you. We can be of help if possible, especially when the Teacher isn't easily accessible. Teachers are human being first of all, they share the same kind of body-mind. To make them flawless may be the biggest obstacle actually. Only rare genuine Teachers will pridelessly attest their lack of whatever they are lacking.

The point is it's depend of one's realization and what we are talking about, but in most cases we can ask "what do you think about this?"

We are lucky enough to not experience what Shakyamuni has experienced without any help, he had to discover everything alone. I am very happy of my openness and the help I got here and there, always with discernment.

I am grateful to Candice O'Denver, but as I told you, don't look back. It has been months now that I have seen the limited aspect of her. And if you want to know, there is only one man I don't see yet limitations in its being or in its speech and it is obviously not you, nor Chogyal or Yeshe Norbu.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Hilarious... :rolling:

Now your making assumptions about my practice! As if you have some kind of insight, next you'll be telling me what method I should do to best clear my obstacles .... But I'll stick to advice from my Gurus, if that's okay with you.

Listen man...You've been practicing under ChNN for how long? Don't run before you can walk.
s.

Return to “Dzogchen”