aha!

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
byamspa

aha!

Post by byamspa »

I figured out why i need to wear my zen more, it gives me a place to hide the mala when in use from the cat who keeps trying to grab the fun bead toy the human is playing with *again*.
Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: aha!

Post by Grigoris »

byamspa wrote:I figured out why i need to wear my zen more, it gives me a place to hide the mala when in use from the cat who keeps trying to grab the fun bead toy the human is playing with *again*.
I can relate to that one!!! :smile:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

You never read the Sutra where Lord Buddha specifically forbids
maintaining affection for these demon-cat beings? ;)

Renounce such evil. They are Mamos in disguise, obstructors! <clap>
Run away!
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

ngodrup wrote:You never read the Sutra where Lord Buddha specifically forbids
maintaining affection for these demon-cat beings? ;)

Renounce such evil. They are Mamos in disguise, obstructors! <clap>
Run away!
Truly! They don't like you to have your attention elsewhere...

phpBB [video]
byamspa

Post by byamspa »

Ayu wrote: Truly! They don't like you to have your attention elsewhere...

phpBB [video]
Very true, she also likes to try and insert her cute little cat head in the middle of a meditation mudra. She will head-butt my hands until one hand scratches the cat head behind the ears. I'll admit i probably encourage the behaviour by giving into her, but when you glance down and she's giving me the big kitten eyes, how can one resist?
Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

My personel theory is that this contact will benefit the cat for her next life.
As long as the meditation is better than the distrubing. :smile:
byamspa

Post by byamspa »

Ayu wrote:My personel theory is that this contact will benefit the cat for her next life.
As long as the meditation is better than the distrubing. :smile:
Meditation is pretty light-hearted with a purring kitty in your lap, or a purring cat trying to steal your mala. She keeps me from taking things too seriously. And i like to think she's making some good dharma connections, she is definitely attracted to ritual objects.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”