Please pray for bird

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
kirtu
Former staff member

Please pray for bird

Post by kirtu »

On the way to the metro in Baltimore last night there was a pigeon who had been struck by a car lying in the gutter. The bird was not crushed although it couldn't fly so a wing had probably been injured and there were feathers in the street. It had curled up into a ball and was nestled against the curb but still in the street. With some difficulty I moved the bird to a nearby box on the sidewalk under an awning so it wouldn't be crushed by a bus or a car. I also blew mantras on the bird as I put it in the box. I have no doubt that the bird was going to die but I have been surprised before. Unfortunately I have no resources now to take the bird to a vet should it have survived the night.

So please pray for the bird so that it will encounter the Dharma in it's next life.

Thanks!

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
plwk

Re: Please pray for bird

Post by plwk »

Nosta

Post by Nosta »

Hi will pray for that little bird!
DrolmaTso

Post by DrolmaTso »

Bless you and thank you for your kindness! It is a true act of Bodhicitta to save those of the animal realm who have been injured by our Samsaric inventions. :twothumbsup: :bow:
futerko

Post by futerko »

Om Ami Dewa Hrih :anjali:

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”