hello!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
jungblood

hello!

Post by jungblood »

Hello folks,

I just arrived in the forum... I'm a guy living in New York, but from Ireland originally... I've been a 'solo meditator' for a few years now, but it's really only been in the last few months that I've started to realize meditation alone isn't really enough if I'm not applying the teachings of the Dharma in my day-to-day life... I've been working on mindfulness a lot lately, and boy what a difference it makes! 1 hour of meditation each day isn't going to be all that transformative if its interspersed with 23 hours on 'mindlessness'! :zzz: ... Anyway, I'm looking forward to participating in the forum and 'getting to know' people here... and learning more about the sutras and the teachings of the various schools of course... Nice to meet you!

All the best,
jungblood
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: hello!

Post by Grigoris »

Welcome jungblood! Coming to that conclusion after only a few years o solo practice is good progress. I hope you find what you are looking for both here at Dharma Wheel and on your path in general! Image
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Hi, welcome to DharmaWheel!
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hi:

:thumbsup:
Vajratantrika

Post by Vajratantrika »

Hi jungblood. You have a good approach there, meditation coupled with mindfulness and study can take you a long way. Welcome to the forum!
May all sentient beings have happiness and its causes,
May all sentient beings be free of suffering and its causes,
May all sentient beings never be separated from bliss without suffering,
May all sentient beings be in equanimity, free of ignorance, attachment and aversion.

Return to “Introductions”