Yeshe Tsogyal Guru Yoga

dakini_boi

Yeshe Tsogyal Guru Yoga

Post by dakini_boi »

Anyone know of a Yeshe Tsogyal guru yoga practice? (i.e. receiving blessings/empowerments from the guru as Yeshe Tsogyal)
Yudron

Re: Yeshe Tsogyal Guru Yoga

Post by Yudron »

dakini_boi wrote:Anyone know of a Yeshe Tsogyal guru yoga practice? (i.e. receiving blessings/empowerments from the guru as Yeshe Tsogyal)
I don't recall one. However, you can take use the 7 branch prayer from any YT sadhana (such as the Khandro Thukthig, which is very Ati).
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

I actually feel, given the roles of the Samayasattva and the Jñanasattva in tantric practices, that whilst Yeshe Tsogyal is most often used as the most suitable form of Samayasattva, when you look at what attributes are most suitable for the Jñanasattva, it is obviously Guru Rinpoche. Thus the predominance of GR as Guru.

But there are probably exceptions; the Choling Tersar Green Tara comes to mind... probably others too.
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

i would never second guess the draw and call of devotion or ask anothers opinion.
discovery is yours alone.

:namaste:
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

There is actually a Yeshe Tsogyal Guru Yoga. However it's structured like a deity yoga sadhana. It may have been a variation on Yumka. I don't know where I put the text. Khenpo Tsewang gave this to his Palyul students in Maryland many years ago now.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Thank you all for your input. Yes, I'm sure there must be several guru yogas of YT. . . I'm surprised they are not more widely known.
vajravarahi

Post by vajravarahi »

There is a very short and simple Guru Yoga of Yeshe Tshogyel in her outer form, composed by 15th Karmapa, Khakyab Dorje, just translated and published here: https://dakinitranslations.com/2020/11/ ... h-karmapa/
Last edited by vajravarahi on Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lingpupa

Post by Lingpupa »

Yeti wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:45 am I actually feel, given the roles of the Samayasattva and the Jñanasattva in tantric practices, that whilst Yeshe Tsogyal is most often used as the most suitable form of Samayasattva, when you look at what attributes are most suitable for the Jñanasattva, it is obviously Guru Rinpoche. Thus the predominance of GR as Guru.
I'm afraid I don't follow. What are the "attributes are most suitable for the Jñanasattva" that make you feel it should be GR? And in what context is "Yeshe Tsogyal .. most often used as the most suitable form of Samayasattva"? I'm afraid I don't see the connections.
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
Jangchup Donden

Post by Jangchup Donden »

Yeshe Tsogyal is always inseperable from Guru Rinpoche, and in fact she is his khatvanga staff. So if you are doing visualization or guru yoga of Guru Rinpoche, she's always there.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

There is a short GY from Dorje Dechen Lingpa and a longer one from (???) in the Karma Kagyu.
As Khandro Rinpoche gave a YT-Wang in the 90s the Kamalshila Institute in Germany had both sadhanas in the DharmaShop.
Lost In Transmission

Return to “Nyingma”