Curious about the posting-info's new position on the right

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
krodha

Curious about the posting-info's new position on the right

Post by krodha »

Getting used to the posting-info's (which lists the author of the post's username, number of posts etc.) new position on the right side of the page. Prior to the re-coloration the posting-info was positioned on the left - which seems to be more intuitive as far as aesthetics go when it comes to reading information on the web. I'm sure the counterintuitive feeling of the newfound positioning (on the right) stems from the fact that most cultures are very accustomed to reading left-to-right (not all of course). In most cases information is placed on the left, graphs being a prime example (most websites, blogs, forums being other examples) and dharma wheel itself still implements the positioning of information in a left-to-right schematic on it's main page and subsidiary thread menus... so I guess my question is (respectfully) what is the logic behind the positioning of the posting-info on the right (within the threads)? And does anyone else feel it's a bit counterintuitive? I'm only inquiring because I was curious if it has a certain purpose, or if it is merely an aesthetic change which was proposed when the rest of the remodeling was happening?
uan

Re: Curious about the posting-info's new position on the rig

Post by uan »

asunthatneversets wrote:Getting used to the posting-info's (which lists the author of the post's username, number of posts etc.) new position on the right side of the page. Prior to the re-coloration the posting-info was positioned on the left - which seems to be more intuitive as far as aesthetics go when it comes to reading information on the web. I'm sure the counterintuitive feeling of the newfound positioning (on the right) stems from the fact that most cultures are very accustomed to reading left-to-right (not all of course). In most cases information is placed on the left, graphs being a prime example (most websites, blogs, forums being other examples) and dharma wheel itself still implements the positioning of information in a left-to-right schematic on it's main page and subsidiary thread menus... so I guess my question is (respectfully) what is the logic behind the positioning of the posting-info on the right (within the threads)? And does anyone else feel it's a bit counterintuitive? I'm only inquiring because I was curious if it has a certain purpose, or if it is merely an aesthetic change which was proposed when the rest of the remodeling was happening?
I agree the pictures on the right feel strange for the reasons you mention. You are not alone :)

Maitri
randomseb

Post by randomseb »

Everything in my client is still showing the standard internet forum structure of avatar/user-info on the left, posted text on the right.. I thought maybe there was a theme that was changed, but I looked around and didnt see any theme settings.. Peculiar! Maybe its formatting it based on your country of origin? That would be odd!

I do notice a couple of malformed server side tags, the { something } should be getting replaced with actual text labels on the server side before the webpage is sent to the client, perhaps there is a similar bug throwing off the formatting for you guys, which I am not being affected by, for whatever reason

:shrug:
Disclaimer: If I have posted about something, then I obviously have no idea what I am talking about!
krodha

Post by krodha »

Seems to be fixed now!
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

I agree with asunthatneversets about the left side of the page for the info. It looks much better!
Also, about the re-coloration, personally I prefer this set of colors than the light blue I saw a few days ago.
It was too bright for the eyes and made reading difficult!
Now, everything looks good again! :smile:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

I haven't noticed any changes here?

Shaun :shrug:

Return to “Suggestion Box”