Kurukulla, Lotus Dakini

Nikolay

Kurukulla, Lotus Dakini

Post by Nikolay »

Hello,

I was looking for any available materials on the Kurukulla empowerment and sadhana. There will be an opportunity for me this summer to receive this empowerment, and I need to decide if I am going to attend. I wanted to read up on it - history, meaning, everything - and also wondered if the empowerment comes with any practice commitments.

So far the only thing I was able to find was an article by John Reynolds, which was helpful but rather short.
Please consider donating to help find a cure for Degenerative Vitreous Syndrome:
http://www.gofundme.com/floaters
dakini_boi

Re: Kurukulla, Lotus Dakini

Post by dakini_boi »

To find out about practice commitments, you will probably have to contact the lama to ask. Or contact the center, and have them ask.
heart

Post by heart »

mirage wrote:Hello,

I was looking for any available materials on the Kurukulla empowerment and sadhana. There will be an opportunity for me this summer to receive this empowerment, and I need to decide if I am going to attend. I wanted to read up on it - history, meaning, everything - and also wondered if the empowerment comes with any practice commitments.

So far the only thing I was able to find was an article by John Reynolds, which was helpful but rather short.
There are so many Kurukulle sadhana's and teachings from all the four traditions of Tibet, what particular one are you getting?

Here is a tantra for you; http://read.84000.co/#ReadingRoom/UT22084-081-006/0

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Nikolay

Post by Nikolay »

heart wrote:
mirage wrote:Hello,

There are so many Kurukulle sadhana's and teachings from all the four traditions of Tibet, what particular one are you getting?

Here is a tantra for you; http://read.84000.co/#ReadingRoom/UT22084-081-006/0

/magnus
Thank you.

The one from Chokling Tersar, I guess.
Please consider donating to help find a cure for Degenerative Vitreous Syndrome:
http://www.gofundme.com/floaters
heart

Post by heart »

There is a sadhana of Kurukulle, the zabdun pema khandro, translated by Erik Pema Kunzang. It is quite big and complete with tsog and protectors and so on. I bought my copy in Gomde Austria you can probably also buy a copy at Ka-Nying monastery in Kathmandhu. Eriks translation with some additions are also sold by the Tibetan Treasures as the sadhana of the Lotus Dakini. It is very wonderful but you need instructions from a lama to be able to do it.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
MaitriYNOD

Post by MaitriYNOD »

The thick, red text for Kurukulle is also available through the Rangjung Yeshe Gomde in Leggett, California. In my experience, the lamas of the Chokling Tersar don't typically bestow strict samayas if the empowerment is given to a large group of people. However, no source is better than the word from the Lama giving the empowerment. IMO, you should definitely seize the opportunity to make this connection with the CT and Kurukulle, but ask if there are any difficult commitments to be kept before the wang is given.
I am a lustful, angry dullard with no power of realization. Do not put anything I say into practice without first confirming it with a qualified teacher.

Return to “Nyingma”