when will you just stop and start smelling the flowers

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
paganbuddha

when will you just stop and start smelling the flowers

Post by paganbuddha »

aka less is more, start enjoying life as it is

remember, the grasshopper was having fun all day long, while the ant was working his ass off, to prepare for the winter ......... as the cold came they both froze to death

end of story :rolling:

phpBB [video]
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: when will you just stop and start smelling the flowers

Post by Grigoris »

paganbuddha wrote:remember, the grasshopper was having fun all day long, while the ant was working his ass off, to prepare for the winter ......... as the cold came they both froze to death
Actually, you've got the story all wrong. In Aesops fable it is an ant and a cicada ( not a grasshopper) and it is the cicada that, having spent all summer singing and taunting the ant instead of working, begs the ant for food when the winter comes. The ant refuses him food and (it is assumed that) the cicada dies.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
paganbuddha

Re: when will you just stop and start smelling the flowers

Post by paganbuddha »

gregkavarnos wrote:
paganbuddha wrote:remember, the grasshopper was having fun all day long, while the ant was working his ass off, to prepare for the winter ......... as the cold came they both froze to death
Actually, you've got the story all wrong. In Aesops fable it is an ant and a cicada ( not a grasshopper) and it is the cicada that, having spent all summer singing and taunting the ant instead of working, begs the ant for food when the winter comes. The ant refuses him food and (it is assumed that) the cicada dies.
I know the original story, I just have updated it to the XXI century

Return to “Lounge”