A child and past imprints?

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
plwk

A child and past imprints?

Post by plwk »

phpBB [video]

I got this video (sorry, no translation for the Korean) from someone via email on what seems to be of a young boy in Korea who seem to exhibit interest in Buddhist monastics and practice. Watch how his journey develops. Past imprints or just a case of playful childlike 'monkey see, monkey do?'

If anyone who can understand Korean, it would be great if one could shed some light on this video :thanks:
plwk

Re: A child and past imprints?

Post by plwk »

There's one part in the video that I spotted the child reciting the first of the fivefold purification mantras/true words common to the East Asian Mahayana Trads before reciting a scriptural text:
'Purifying Karmic Speech True Words / 淨口業真言/ jìng kǒu yè zhēn yán'
唵修利修利 摩訶修利 修修利 娑婆訶 ǎn xiū lì xiū lì mó hē xiū lì xiū xiū lì suō pó hē [om suri suri mahasuri susuri svaha]
In Korean it should be: suri suri mahasuri susuri sabaha
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Hello plwk,

I can not judge about the reasons for the behavior of this child by a video.

But i know it from observing my own children, that there might be some memories of former lifetimes in children's minds as long they are not older than 3 years.
When we were about to get a piano into the house, my 2 year old boy said very pleased: "Ah, FINALLY i can play piano again!"
Unfortunately he refused to get lessons, but sometimes he plays just for to relax anything what comes into his mind. It always sounds very nice although he doesn't know how to play really.

Ayu
Nosta

Post by Nosta »

Ayu, very interesting :)

I've a child with only 15 days (more or less) :); I am curious to know if she will reveal - or not (more probably) - something like you described.
shaunc

Post by shaunc »

My wife & I took our youngest daughter to a Thai temple about 6 months ago she was 3 years old. She'd only been there once before as a newborn for a blessing. When we took her into the temple to see the buddha statue she immediately bowed down to it, at the time there was only one other person besides us in the temple. She hadn't been taught or prompted to do this, it's possible I suppose that she may have seen it on T.V. although I doubt it.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Nosta wrote:Ayu, very interesting :)

I've a child with only 15 days (more or less) :); I am curious to know if she will reveal - or not (more probably) - something like you described.
Sweet. :smile:
All children are very different - even the ones with same parents. Such occurences are very rare - and if it happens, often the adults dont notice it. The small ones are talking all day and we have to think of the "important" things...
I heard from one baby, when it came to birth the legs were crossed like in Lotus-position. :smile:
My oldest son never told anything from a former life, but he was very wise and able to read the mind sometimes.
They are all different with certain precious talents.

Return to “Lounge”