Three Texts on Consciousness Only

Discuss and learn about the traditional Mahayana scriptures, without assuming that any one school ‘owns’ the only correct interpretation.
passionforzen

Three Texts on Consciousness Only

Post by passionforzen »

Hello Everybody,

Can someone point me to a website where I can read or download the text called "Three Texts on Consciousness Only" by the Numata center for Buddhist Translations?

Perhaps someone else has translated this text and has it available for others to read and study?
If anyone has any ideas as to their thoughts on this particular text I would appreciate it as well.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You
Nicholas Weeks

Re: Three Texts on Consciousness Only

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
passionforzen

Post by passionforzen »

Will wrote:http://www.scribd.com/doc/82850627/Thre ... ion-Series

Ever heard of Google search?
Hello Sir.

Have you ever heard of love and kindness SIr?

"This is what should be done
By one who is skilled in goodness,
And who knows the path of peace:
Let them be able and upright,
Straightforward and gentle in speech.
Humble and not conceited,
Contented and easily satisfied........"

http://dharma.ncf.ca/introduction/sutra ... sutra.html

I have already googled and nothing is available for free. Should I take the food out of my children's mouth and pay the membership for this site you gave me or buy it on amazon? My salary is below the poverty level Sir. Not everybody has the money you have. It would be nice if someone can help me find some website that have translated this text and offers it free of charge for all of us that seek and live the dharma.
Huifeng

Post by Huifeng »

Following Will's link above, without having to sign up to anything or pay anything, the digital text should show up in your browser. You can then go to the top right of the screen, the big orange button marked <Download or Print>, hit that, and another window will pop up, where you can choose to either print out the file or download the PDF.

In addition, while not posted yet, maybe keep an eye out here: http://www.bdkamerica.org/default.aspx?MPID=81

~~ Huifeng
Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje »

Or:

http://libgen.net/view.php?id=771017

If you use the Chrome browser and turn autotranslate on to your language, you don't have to wade through Russian.
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava
plwk

Post by plwk »

Another one that I got it at an affordable price some years back for an Indian text publication Motilal Banarsidass is this one which has two of the works you are looking for.

Yeah the prices of Dharma books can be daunting at times but affordable Indian text publications have been great help to my budget and savings over the years. Just a matter of apportioning a further smaller sum savings every month after the deduction of the household expenses to get a book. Sometimes, I save up until a year before I can get a desired book and thanks to second hand bookstores, sometimes, after a great digging, one can find old texts which could cost a bomb on the market.

Whilst free online links are a boon, I still prefer to get the good old printed book which are kinder to my eyesight or print out the online pdf's for my personal reading.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Huifeng wrote:Following Will's link above, without having to sign up to anything or pay anything, the digital text should show up in your browser. You can then go to the top right of the screen, the big orange button marked <Download or Print>, hit that, and another window will pop up, where you can choose to either print out the file or download the PDF.

In addition, while not posted yet, maybe keep an eye out here: http://www.bdkamerica.org/default.aspx?MPID=81

~~ Huifeng
In fairness to passionforzen, scribd runs a racket where they charge certain people (though not everyone) to download stuff that is more than a few months old. Public serivce announcement: If you have uploaded anything and don't want Scribd charging other people money for the stuff you've uploaded, make sure to opt out of the Orwellianly named Scribd archive program. Your documents will in fact remain archived, and free to everyone.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

How does one avoid charges on Scribd? It always directs me to the membership buying page anything I try to download.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje »

Johnny Dangerous wrote:How does one avoid charges on Scribd? It always directs me to the membership buying page anything I try to download.
By using libgen.net or libgen.info largely. It's a crap shoot whether you will get a nag screen from Scribd.
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Thanks!
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Greg

Post by Greg »

Karma Dorje wrote:
Johnny Dangerous wrote:How does one avoid charges on Scribd? It always directs me to the membership buying page anything I try to download.
By using libgen.net or libgen.info largely. It's a crap shoot whether you will get a nag screen from Scribd.
Yes, do that, or if you really need something from scribd that is not anywhere else, upload a bunch of stuff. Even if it is total junk. It won't charge you if you upload a certain amount of stuff.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

The BDK version did finally show up online for free:

http://gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?req=th ... lumn=title
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.

Return to “Sūtra Studies”