mindfulness of the Buddha.

Kris

mindfulness of the Buddha.

Post by Kris »

What is the method of Mindfulness of the Buddha as practiced by Maha Stamaprapta Bodhisattva.please help me understand proper mindfulness of the Buddha
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
plwk

Re: mindfulness of the Buddha.

Post by plwk »

Here , here & here: 1 2 3 4
Kris

Post by Kris »

Thanks for responding, im checking out the second link now. I knew BWF would have the info, just wanted to see where else it was discussed. Thanks =)
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

RikudouSennin wrote:Thanks for responding, im checking out the second link now. I knew BWF would have the info, just wanted to see where else it was discussed. Thanks =)
The ones I usually go with are:
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .kuma.html
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .wlsh.html
Kris

Post by Kris »

:good:

I was hoping you would chime in Pork Chop. Thanks for the links i'll go through them tomorrow. Im actually keeping a sort of study journal to keep notes tec for future clarifications etc. So this will be great.

Amitabha
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
sinweiy

Post by sinweiy »

Master Chi Yun Guan Ting (empowered) had said in the commentary of The Sutra of Visualization of the Buddha of Infinite Life, that of ALL the method/sutra/mantra that cannot rid the heaviest karma, there's still this method of Nienfo(Buddha remembrance). And no ordinary people can said this word without first understanding the Dharma. Bodhisattva Mahastamaprapta had taught us to shut all our 6 faculties, and use a puremind to recite unceasingly without doubt, without mixture. If there's mixture, puremind and faith would not be 100%, so to speak. Example an old praxis used to recite, Diamond sutra, Ksitigarbha Sutra, Medicine sutra, etc, after hearing the goodness of Nienfo method, now stop reciting them, would tends to fear a lose. They might think if they don't recite Medicine sutra, Medicine sutra would not help when they get sick, etcs. Seems like they had divided Buddhas bodhisattvas into categories, and all must recite a bit and cannot offense either one. This is call mixture and doubt. With this mind to do Nienfo, it's not going to work say MCK. We need a puremind to Nienfo, single-mindedly, rather than double-mindedly. So Masters said, Non-doubt; non-mixture and non-stop reciting is the key.
_/\_
Amituofo!

"Enlightenment is to turn around and see MY own mistake, Other's mistake is also my mistake. Others are right even if they are wrong. i'm wrong even if i'm right. " - Master Chin Kung
Kris

Post by Kris »

:good:
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
shaunc

Post by shaunc »

RikudouSennin wrote:What is the method of Mindfulness of the Buddha as practiced by Maha Stamaprapta Bodhisattva.please help me understand proper mindfulness of the Buddha
This answer is not exactly an answer to your question but for me simply chanting "namo amitabha buddha" x 10 either out loud or silently throughout the day helps to keep me mindful of the buddha, the 4 noble truths, the noble 8 fold path & the 5 precepts. I realise I'm not as knowledgeable about buddhism as many of the posters here & that my practise would be considered by many as quite basic at best but I do try. For other pureland followers there is an Australian website "welcome to amitabha pureland", sorry but being somewhat technologically retarted I don't know how to post a link, but if you're interested it shouldn't be too hard to find.
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

shaunc wrote:
RikudouSennin wrote:What is the method of Mindfulness of the Buddha as practiced by Maha Stamaprapta Bodhisattva.please help me understand proper mindfulness of the Buddha
This answer is not exactly an answer to your question but for me simply chanting "namo amitabha buddha" x 10 either out loud or silently throughout the day helps to keep me mindful of the buddha, the 4 noble truths, the noble 8 fold path & the 5 precepts. I realise I'm not as knowledgeable about buddhism as many of the posters here & that my practise would be considered by many as quite basic at best but I do try. For other pureland followers there is an Australian website "welcome to amitabha pureland", sorry but being somewhat technologically retarted I don't know how to post a link, but if you're interested it shouldn't be too hard to find.
Honestly, proper foundation in the basics and a strong practice routine is MUCH more important than being a knowledgeable academic.
Personally, I have a lot to learn when it comes to better incorporating practice into daily life, still plagued by a temper (getting better), intense cravings, and inconsistency.

Is this the website you were trying to post?
You guys in Australia are lucky to have Ven Wuling.
As a kid from a family of New Yorkers who lives in Texas, I feel a bit of affinity for the path she's taken.
She's got some great dharma talks available online.
black_tea

Post by black_tea »

PorkChop wrote: Is this the website you were trying to post?
You guys in Australia are lucky to have Ven Wuling.
As a kid from a family of New Yorkers who lives in Texas, I feel a bit of affinity for the path she's taken.
She's got some great dharma talks available online.
I downloaded 'In One Lifetime' off her website -- it's a great free booklet on Pureland practice.
shaunc

Post by shaunc »

Yeah that's the web-site, thanks fellas. I agree that Ven. Wuling is a terrific teacher & that web-site & her books are where I've learned the most. Unfortunately Australia is a big place & she's a long way from me.

Return to “Pure Land”