Ridiculousness in Academia

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
DGA
Former staff member

Ridiculousness in Academia

Post by DGA »

http://chronicle.com/jobs/0000775688-01/
Humanities: A "beyond post modern" IHE invites a dynamic academic leader to administer and teach at a graduate institution. Candidate is brilliant, covenantal in nature, generative, aesthetically grounded, culturally aware, widely read, and organizationally proficient. He/She thrives in cognitive dissonance and is likely disenchanted with traditional academe. Neither youth nor age are handicaps, nor is gender or origin. Living the dream of forwarding cultural change, integrating the impact of the affective domain on process thinking, and focusing on creativity as a fundamental characteristic of the learning experience are imperative. Candidate holds a terminal degree, preferably in the arts, and has deep experience in the precepts of learning. A dedicated change agent, committed to culturally grounded creative visions, the candidate embraces community as a learning imperative, loves language, and understands the metacognitive processes as core to creative academic and humanistic values. A competent writer, skilled in group processes and devoted to teaching and learning as art forms, this rare colleague understands play as the foundation of human exploration, is dedicated to intellectual and cultural transformation, and has an entrepreneurial spirit. Send resume and cover letter to [email protected].
I can't tell if this is unintentional self-parody, or some kind of prank.

:alien:
Simon E.

Re: Ridiculousness in Academia

Post by Simon E. »

I fear that its likely to be the former Jikan... :smile:
One of my colleagues asked what was meant by " cross-cultural, intensely focused periods of study, outwith campus " which had been added to his job description.
Apparently it meant that was expected to be involved in the taking of students on study trips.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Roland

Re: Ridiculousness in Academia

Post by Roland »

Quackademics
"Seek truth in meditation, not moldy books. Look in the sky to find the moon, not in the pond."
- Persian proverb

Return to “Lounge”