Chod Retreat with Machik Rinpoche June 10 - 20

phantom59

Chod Retreat with Machik Rinpoche June 10 - 20

Post by phantom59 »

Event : Chod Retreat with Machik Rinpoche
Date : June 10 - 20
Venue : Nagarkot, Nepal
Website : http://www.wildearthjourneys.com/chodretreat.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Programme :
Join Majik Rinpoche, emination of Machig Labdron, recognized by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Trulshik Rinpoche, fluent in English, as we begin with wang, tsang or inscense offering and learn to master the drums, bells, and trumpets, the melody, tune and song of this rich tradition. Learn about the instruments, practice daily, with meditation and yoga.
pemachophel

Re: Chod Retreat with Machik Rinpoche June 10 - 20

Post by pemachophel »

Due diligence is recommended in checking out this Lama. I have heard negative things about him in Boudha. I'm not saying what I heard was correct, but I would recommend careful examination. 'Nuff said.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
jana

Post by jana »

Can you please tell me more about this lama , I would like to go to him this summer...
what you heard about him ?
thanx
Totoro

Post by Totoro »

If you are in Nepal, I recommend you seek out Lama Tsering Wangdu if you want to receive Chod. If you are in US, http://www.tibetanchod.com/
jana

Post by jana »

pemachophel wrote:Due diligence is recommended in checking out this Lama. I have heard negative things about him in Boudha. I'm not saying what I heard was correct, but I would recommend careful examination. 'Nuff said.
What you heard about him ?
Somebody told me that Lama Wangdu is the lineage holder of the teaching of Padamba Sangye and Machik Rinpoche the lineage holder of Machig Labdron.
So they are important lama for the people of Tingri, in Tibet.

Thank you Totoro for sure I'll go to Lama Wangdu
Totoro

Post by Totoro »

jana wrote:
What you heard about him ?
Somebody told me that Lama Wangdu is the lineage holder of the teaching of Padamba Sangye and Machik Rinpoche the lineage holder of Machig Labdron.
So they are important lama for the people of Tingri, in Tibet.

Thank you Totoro for sure I'll go to Lama Wangdu
Lama Wangdu holds lineages for both Padampa Sangye and Machig Labdron. Lama Wangdu was born in Tingri. I'm not sure what Majik's connection is with Tingri, if there is one, or if he's even been there.

Depends on what you mean by 'lineage holder'. I'm not sure where you're from but there are some good Chod Lamas around.

FYI There are no tulku lines of Machig Labdron. Draw your own conclusions from there.

Depending on when you are going to Nepal, you may or may not see Lama Wangdu as he spends six months a year in the US, and I heard he might be leaving for US again in July thereabouts.
jana

Post by jana »

Totoro wrote:
jana wrote:
Lama Wangdu holds lineages for both Padampa Sangye and Machig Labdron. Lama Wangdu was born in Tingri. I'm not sure what Majik's connection is with Tingri, if there is one, or if he's even been there.

I know he is from Tingri and he had a retreat monastery called Machig Phuk Gonpa, near a cave where Machig Labdron meditated .
I heard that he escaped from Tibet when he was young and H.H.Dalai Lama recognized him as tulku , he studied in Daramshala and he completed
the three years retreat.
Lama Wangdu is one of his Guru.

but if someone has more information bed or good , please let me know !

Thanx :namaste:
Tssrt

Post by Tssrt »

I saw this Lama a couple of times in Ktm, nobody knows who he really is. He works with a travel agency together that brings some western tourists to him as an "visit a tibetan tulku"-thing, I was told. Many people are suspicious about him, nobody really knows him, which is in a place like boudha also not so common if you are a lama. I dont know whether he is real or not, maybe he is a good practitioner and so on, but I would be careful. Lama Tsering Wangdu Rinpoche is definetly the best adress for chod in Boudha. He is awesome!
JinpaRangdrol

Post by JinpaRangdrol »

Yes, Machig has no tulku line. She said that she would not reincarnate, but that her emanations would be numerous. Since Ani Lochen, the only officially recognized emanation is Lama Tsultrim Allione, who was recognized independently by Lama Wangdu Rinpoche and Karma Dorje Rinpoche (the resident Lama at Zangri Kharmar, Machig's seat in Tibet). I actually received a strange message from Machik Rinpoche on facebook a year or so ago. Seemed a bit fishy, but I am not going to draw conclusions.
Unblind

Post by Unblind »

:buddha1: I know he is reincarnated of Dingri Machig Phukpa Rinpoche who was recognized by H.H. Dalai Lama and H.H. Trulshik Rinpoche,when he was young age.Obove mentions are not true.I hope you all excepted karma and effect.Don't you feel fear to say like that to dingri protector!!
Please check rinpoche website http://www.machigrinpoche.org
Or something to say contact directly to Rinpoche.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. In hindsight and due to Unblind's pointing out, my post was both gossip (in that I was repeating hearsay) and slander (divisive speech). I am sincerely sorry and should have kept my mouth firmly shut. It was none of my business. I most definitely should've know better. May the Gurus, Buddhas, Yidams, Dakinis, and Protectors all forgive me. OM BA-DZRA SA-TO HUNG
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
JinpaRangdrol

Post by JinpaRangdrol »

From his website:
NOTE: Rinpoche is not the emanation of Maching (sic) Lapdron. Due to an error in one website many people got confused. So to purify that this Website is now under construction. Soon you will find more details about the history of the previous Rinpoches, about Machig Labdröns Cave in Dingri, Tibet and many other things. So please visit this Website again. Thank You.
It seems the issue was a misunderstanding on the part of those who were promoting him, not a misrepresentation of himself. So there is no problem. The name comes from his previous incarnation, who spent the last portion of his life in retreat in Machig's cave/'phuk' in Dingri. He was the 'Machig Phuk'-pa Rinpoche. People shouldn't be telling others that he is an emanation of Machig, but it doesn't seem to be something that he is himself propagating.

Apologies, as well.
Unblind

Post by Unblind »

:tongue: :toilet: Check out this website again as well
http://www.wildearthjourney.com
I hope now you all are free from big confusion!!
:offtopic: Phat.. Phat....phat...........

Return to “Chod”