East Bay - White Tara and Vajrayogini with Jetsun Kushok

dzogchungpa

East Bay - White Tara and Vajrayogini with Jetsun Kushok

Post by dzogchungpa »

http://www.sakyadechenling.com/events-2 ... ogini.html

I'm curious about this Uncommon White Tara Empowerment. She seems to give it quite often.
Does anyone here know anything about it?
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: East Bay - White Tara and Vajrayogini with Jetsun Kushok

Post by kirtu »

dzogchungpa wrote: I'm curious about this Uncommon White Tara Empowerment. She seems to give it quite often.
It's an Annutarayoga tantra White Tara that may come from Jamyang Khyentse Wango. This is the RigaWiki entry. Generally Sakayapas don't talk about the details of higher practices and Khenpo Kalsang said next to nothing about it. So it's a kind of secret practice to some extent although HE Jetsun Kusho-la gives it often.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

kirtu wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote: I'm curious about this Uncommon White Tara Empowerment. She seems to give it quite often.
It's an Annutarayoga tantra White Tara that may come from Jamyang Khyentse Wango. This is the RigaWiki entry. Generally Sakayapas don't talk about the details of higher practices and Khenpo Kalsang said next to nothing about it. So it's a kind of secret practice to some extent although HE Jetsun Kusho-la gives it often.

Kirt
It seems likely that it may be this:
http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?titl ... %A9_Nyelam
Oops, I just realized I wrote "Vajrayogin" instead of "Vajrayogini" in the title. Can the moderators fix that?
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

dzogchungpa wrote:
kirtu wrote:

Kirt
It seems likely that it may be this:
http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?titl ... %A9_Nyelam
Oops, I just realized I wrote "Vajrayogin" instead of "Vajrayogini" in the title. Can the moderators fix that?
That's one of the possible sadhana's but I doubt that HE is giving an empowerment of Uncommon White Tara with the practice being that sadhana (although it could be). As noted:
There are several lineages of White Tara Wishfulfilling Wheel, and the lineage of the Chimé Drupé Nyelam on the one hand, and the empowerment and commentary on the other are slightly different.
Kirt
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."

HH Chetsang Rinpoche
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

I haven't been able to find any more info about this. Does anyone actually know what it is?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

kirtu wrote:

Kirt

It is not really that secret at all.

The origin of the practice is Bari Lotsawa, passed through the Kagyu lineage (Gampopa apparently extended his life with this practice) until it rejoined Sakya during the period of Tsarchen Losal Gyatso. It was one of Khyentse Wangpo's very important practices and he supposedly possessed a thangka of White Tara that could speak.

It is a very wonderful practice, but it is quite complicated in terms of the visualization. Khyentse Wangpo composed a teaching manual on it, that is spread out over one week or so.

The essential visualization of the protection cakra is combined into Dzogchen Community Tara practice. So receiving this initiation and practice is a good support for the DC practice.

M
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Thanks. So, is this practice related to what DJKR will be giving this August:
http://www.siddharthasintent.org/2013/0 ... hings.html,
which I am also planning to attend?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dzogchungpa wrote:Thanks. So, is this practice related to what DJKR will be giving this August:

Different lineages: that relates to Vimalamitra, Padmasambhava and Shri Singha, if I recall correctly.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

dzogchungpa wrote:Thanks. So, is this practice related to what DJKR will be giving this August:
You got me excited.. but it's in July, not August.. which I can't make, sadly.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

OK. Looks like a good summer for White Tara in California.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Adamantine wrote:
You got me excited.. but it's in July, not August.. which I can't make, sadly.
Sorry, I was confused. :shrug:
namoh

Post by namoh »

I'm curious, and perhaps Malcolm or Kirtu could shed some light on this, but is the Uncommon White Tara given by Jetsun Kusho la the same as the White Tara initiation that HE Dagmo Kusho Sakya in Seattle gives from time to time? Or are there multiple White Taras in Sakya lineage?

Thank you so much for helping a Kagyupa understand the crafty ways of the Sakya. :)

Will
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

namoh wrote:I'm curious, and perhaps Malcolm or Kirtu could shed some light on this, but is the Uncommon White Tara given by Jetsun Kusho la the same as the White Tara initiation that HE Dagmo Kusho Sakya in Seattle gives from time to time?
I don't know because I've never been able to get out there. Unfortunately my only connection there is with HH Dagchen Rinpoche whose Padmasambhava empowerment I was fortunate enough to take in Vancouver in August, 2001.
Or are there multiple White Taras in Sakya lineage?
Yes, there are. The one Jetsun Kusho-la is giving is from Khyentse Wangpo but he for sure held more than one White Tara lineage.

She is also giving Naro Kachod Vajrayogini. This is the Vajrayogini practice from Naropa though the Phamting Brothers and is somewhat different from the Vajrayogini/Vajravarahi normally found in Kagyu.

Kirt

HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

namoh wrote:I'm curious, and perhaps Malcolm or Kirtu could shed some light on this, but is the Uncommon White Tara given by Jetsun Kusho la the same as the White Tara initiation that HE Dagmo Kusho Sakya in Seattle gives from time to time?

Will
Probably.
namoh

Post by namoh »

Thank you much, Gentlemen!
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Does anyone know where the White Tara empowerment will be held?
Silent Bob

Post by Silent Bob »

The location hasn't been announced yet.
"All the sublime teachings, so profound--to throw away one and then grab yet another will not bear even a single fruit. Persevere, therefore, in simply one."
--Dudjom Rinpoche, "Nectar for the Hearts of Fortunate Disciples. Song No. 8"
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

This page:
http://sakyadechenling.com/events-2013- ... ogini.html
has been updated with:
Please note that due to the high level tantra of the Uncommon White Tara empowerment, we have been notified that all participants need to have received a major, two day empowerment in any of the four Tibetan Buddhist traditions. If you have questions concerning this prerequisite, please contact Sakya Dechen Ling.
Also, I have just been informed that it will take place at Ewam Choden.

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”