Supernatural powers of Unseen beings.

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Caz

Re: Supernatural powers of Unseen beings.

Post by Caz »

Indrajala wrote:
heart wrote: This is an excellent advise. Of course if you want to your respect can include practices such as sang, serkyem for the eight classes, sur, chö and so on.
Do it at your own risk.
These are generally Included as standard, I know when doing a protector Puja an offering is made to placate the regional Guardians and various others spirits mainly for obstacle clearance and out of compassion as they can only eat that which is specifically dedicated for them. :anjali:
Abandoning Dharma is, in the final analysis, disparaging the Hinayana because of the Mahayana; favoring the Hinayana on account of the Mahayana; playing off sutra against tantra; playing off the four classes of the tantras against each other; favoring one of the Tibetan schools—the Sakya, Gelug, Kagyu, or Nyingma—and disparaging the rest; and so on. In other words, we abandon Dharma any time we favor our own tenets and disparage the rest.

Liberation in the Palm of your hand~Kyabje Pabongkha Rinpoche.
NIRMAL2

Post by NIRMAL2 »

Indrajala wrote:Dealing with unseen forces can prove dangerous to your mental health.

Apparently Nagas are rather sensitive.
When the Bodhisattva named Precious Ocean develops his vows he says: "May all the three lower states of sentient beings such as animal, ghost, and hell leave their sufferings and each have a Buddha to teach him."

When Vajraprajna Bodhisattva develops his Bodhicitta he says, "May all those sentient beings who are still in the bad and painful states of animal, ghost, and hell leave their bad state and ascend to the Pure Land."

The inward spiritual practice is for the benefit of both the living and the unseen forces.We should have compassion for all.

Indrajala wrote:I personally think most people who claim to see spirits either hallucinated or are attempting to get attention with such claims.

I don't deny the existence of spirits, devas and so on, but just that there's little way of knowing their activities for certain.

As Confucius said, respect them but keep your distance.
Buddha could see spirits too. Was he hallucinated or attempting to get attention with such claims?
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

Indrajala wrote:I personally think most people who claim to see spirits either hallucinated or are attempting to get attention with such claims.

I don't deny the existence of spirits, devas and so on, but just that there's little way of knowing their activities for certain.

As Confucius said, respect them but keep your distance.
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”