Tohoku Catalogue online now

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Nicholas Weeks

Tohoku Catalogue online now

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Thanks to David Reigle! But it is a big and thus slow download, even with a speedy connection.

http://prajnaquest.fr/downloads/BookofD ... Canons.pdf
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
Nicholas Weeks

Re: Tohoku Catalogue online now

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Here is Reigle's little intro on his blog:
A Complete Catalogue of the Tibetan Buddhist Canons (Bkaḥ-ḥgyur and Bstan-ḥgyur), the so-called “Tohoku Catalogue,” has been scanned and posted here: Tohoku Catalogue of Tibetan Buddhist Canons. It was the first complete catalogue of every text in the Tibetan Buddhist canon (Sde-dge edition), 4,569 of them, of which the first 1108 are in the Kangyur and the rest are in the Tengyur. Although published in 1934, it has remained the standard of reference for the texts of the Kanjur and Tanjur.

The Bkaḥ-ḥgyur/Kangyur/Kanjur is the collection of the Buddha’s word, found in the sūtras and tantras, while the Bstan-ḥgyur/Tengyur/Tanjur is the collection of expositions of the Buddha’s word, written by the great Indian Buddhist teachers, Nāgārjuna, Asaṅga, etc.

The Tohoku Catalogue had only been available at a comparatively few major academic libraries. Some years ago I photocopied for my own research the one held at the University of Wisconsin library. Since this fundamental reference work has not yet appeared on the web, Jacques requested that I scan my photocopy and post it here.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
tingdzin

Re: Tohoku Catalogue online now

Post by tingdzin »

Thanks for this information.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”