Loosing my way on the path.

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
undefineable

Re: Loosing my way on the path.

Post by undefineable »

disjointed wrote:Unde, I don't have time to read your long rambling posts.

The forum is not a diary. Please be concise if you want your posts read.
As I wrote the offending post I reflected that the forum has become less of an essay-oriented site over the last year or two; I will respect this in future and find somewhere else to write longer pieces. Besides, I sense that I (and possibly others) tend to 'cheat' in debates at a subconscious level by 'rambling on' for so long as to persuade the opponent to give up - Ego at its most :toilet: .
you wore out your welcome with random precision {Pink Floyd}
disjointed

Post by disjointed »

futerko wrote:and yet you help yourself to other people's food and disrespect members of this sangha.

Surely "respect for shame" does not involve acting shamelessly and then relying on others to point it out to you?
What sangha are you referring to?

Futerko, there is nothing shameful about reiterating the Buddha's teachings and defending your position that they are valid.

Or perhaps you find fault with my comment about his eminence lama guru tsem supreme grand master tulku (catches breath) rinpoche's excessive and embarrassing use of titles?
If there is a radical inconsistency between your statements and the position you claim to hold,
you are a sock puppet.
Make as many accounts as you want; people can identify your deception with this test.
futerko

Post by futerko »

disjointed wrote:there is nothing shameful about reiterating the Buddha's teachings and defending your position that they are valid.
I'm just not entirely convinced of your interpretation of those teachings and the way that manifests in the examples you give.

In the passage you cited it says, "consummate in shame & compunction, deferential, respectful", so, for example, the reasons for not helping yourself to other's food in a shared fridge would seem to require the cultivation of respect as well as shame.

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”