Kumaradza and "pure" Dzogchen

Yeti

Re: Kumaradza and "pure" Dzogchen

Post by Yeti »

I don't think there is any "personal need" at all. For those practitioners they have just become one with the practice, and they continue for no other reason than to pass those practices on as it is their heart essence. But I don't feel they need to do the practices like I "need to do practices".
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications
pensum

Post by pensum »

Yudron wrote:I was just chatting with a scholar who is very fluent in Tibetan about Garab Dorje. Garab Dorje authored two texts in the Tengyur. The first is a Manjushri Namasangiti commentary that is full on Dzogchen without using the word. Apparently it is really interesting.

He also wrote a sadhana called nod jyin gyi gyalpo drup pa'i thab -- which I guess I would translated as the Means of Accomplishment of the Yaksha King. It's in the Tengyur, too.

Vimalamitra apparently also wrote a commentary on the Manjushri Namasangiti-- that is not quite as Dzogchen flavored as the one by Garab Dorje, but in places uses a dzogchen approach replete with standard phrases from the Menagde, but again does not use the word Dzogchen.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have translations of these texts?
You might be happy to know that the commentary attributed to Garab Dorje has been translated into English by Tulku Sherdor and published as footnotes to Vimalamitra's commentary. The volume, entitled The Wisdom of Manjusri (Blazing Wisdom 2012), also includes Rongzom's commentary as well as a translation of the Namasangiti itself. Here is the listing on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Wisdom-Manjus ... 980173043/
Pero

Post by Pero »

pensum wrote:
Yudron wrote:I was just chatting with a scholar who is very fluent in Tibetan about Garab Dorje. Garab Dorje authored two texts in the Tengyur. The first is a Manjushri Namasangiti commentary that is full on Dzogchen without using the word. Apparently it is really interesting.

He also wrote a sadhana called nod jyin gyi gyalpo drup pa'i thab -- which I guess I would translated as the Means of Accomplishment of the Yaksha King. It's in the Tengyur, too.

Vimalamitra apparently also wrote a commentary on the Manjushri Namasangiti-- that is not quite as Dzogchen flavored as the one by Garab Dorje, but in places uses a dzogchen approach replete with standard phrases from the Menagde, but again does not use the word Dzogchen.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have translations of these texts?
You might be happy to know that the commentary attributed to Garab Dorje has been translated into English by Tulku Sherdor and published as footnotes to Vimalamitra's commentary. The volume, entitled The Wisdom of Manjusri (Blazing Wisdom 2012), also includes Rongzom's commentary as well as a translation of the Namasangiti itself. Here is the listing on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Wisdom-Manjus ... 980173043/
Thanks!
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Return to “Dzogchen”