Buddha on History Channel 10/21/13 9PM EST

Messages from the admin team about how the forum operates. Please read them!
Dorje Shedrub

Buddha on History Channel 10/21/13 9PM EST

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

"Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel will discuss Buddha and his powers, such as teleportation. Might be interesting ...

S
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
padma norbu

Re: Buddha on History Channel 10/21/13 9PM EST

Post by padma norbu »

Dorje Shedrub wrote:"Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel will discuss Buddha and his powers, such as teleportation. Might be interesting ...

S
I love Ancient Aliens. Sure is a lot of crap on that series, but the first 3 seasons were mostly pretty good, imo. Not an episode goes by without their intentionally making really wild claims and getting some basic facts completely wrong so as to make a mockery of the whole thing, of course. I am fairly certain that is the point of the program, similar to Alex Jones's role in airing dissenting opinions to the general public. The further and louder we can elevate the highly-edited opinions of nutbags, while profiting off this entertainment, the more firmly we can reinforce the relative truth of the establishment. Some guests of the show have audio taped their interviews and, compared to the final product, it is obvious the editors spliced bits of one sentence onto another and significantly changed the nature of the guests' statements.

But, I'm sure the Buddha episode will be fun and interesting. I do love the show. I just read between the lines a bit and research whatever seems interesting on each episode.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron

Return to “Announcements”