Freedom from Fear

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
spiritnoname

Freedom from Fear

Post by spiritnoname »

There are a few things to be done about fear, to be free of it or mitigate it.

You can take the precepts and hold them, reflect on that, " I harm no one, no one has reason to harm me because I am harmless".

You can give priority to something more important than yourself, like in the Bodhisattva Vehicle.

You can enter concentration systematically checking,.. "With what does stress, annoyance, fear, pain come?" Then suspending that process or view until the view of self, even motivations, is suspended.

These are things that work to free us from fear. I've tried them all and they work, maybe someone will remember and apply these things.
plwk

Re: Freedom from Fear

Post by plwk »

Dhajagga Sutta
http://www.mandala.hr/3/lotus-sutra.html#twenty_five" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"You must single-mindedly call on the name of Bodhisattva Perceiver of the World's Sounds.
This Bodhisattva can grant fearlessness to living beings."
"Inexhaustible Intent, this Bodhisattva Perceiver of the World's Sounds has succeeded in acquiring benefits such as these and taking on a variety of different forms, goes about among the lands saving living beings.
For this reason you and the others should single-mindedly offer alms to Bodhisattva Perceiver of the World's Sounds can bestow fearlessness on those who are in fearful, pressing or difficult circumstances.
That is why in this Saha World everyone calls Him Bestower of Fearlessness."

Return to “Meditation”