New Moderator on Staff

Messages from the admin team about how the forum operates. Please read them!
Blue Garuda

Re: H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama and his eventual successors

Post by Blue Garuda »

There are some posts on this thread which appear to be trolling me. I'm not much bothered, but will assure members here that whilst I cannot control the past or the future, at present I have a clear mind on Tibetan issues and the Vajrayana.

Anyone who wishes to may easily find out about my relationship both with the NKT and mainstream Gelugpa. If there is some 'sin' in Buddhism which relates to changing your mind, then I am obviously guilty:

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2543" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for 'Element' and even 'stuka', I have been privileged to amiably discuss the Pali Canon with both of them in the past on Buddha Forum, a while after Buddhachat died. I respect both their knowledge and commitment.

I only post or moderate on this forum, no others.

I do not celebrate every act of every Tibetan, but I find no problem here in applying the ToS and hopefully being of some use.

I'm happy to answer anyone's anxieties by PM.

Now please may we return to a topic which is of relevance to many members here. :focus:
Left
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I assume you're talking about anxieties relating to your status as moderator? 'Cuz, you know, I don't have any about that.....but I've got some others, completely unrelated....

:tongue:

J/K--best to you, Yeshe...
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
heart

Post by heart »

Tilopa wrote:
heart wrote:
Ngawang Drolma wrote:Yeshe left the NKT and helps other people trying to leave the organization.
That is true but he still have a very negative attitude towards the Dalai Lama that have been obvious in a number of posts in an other forum.

/magnus
But not here yet so what's the problem?
I don't feel very happy about him being a moderator based on what I know about his opinions. I have no problem with him posting here.

Dear Yeshe I am not trolling you, I think you know that. I would be very happy to hear that you changed your heart about this.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

heart wrote:
I don't feel very happy about him being a moderator based on what I know about his opinions. I have no problem with him posting here.

Dear Yeshe I am not trolling you, I think you know that. I would be very happy to hear that you changed your heart about this.

/magnus

You are not trolling me. :)

What opinions have I expressed here on DW which give you concern? Why are you referring to views on another forum from which I resigned as Mod - due to their refusal to follow HHDL's advice ?

My beliefs do not in any way conflict with applying ToS. If they did so, I would not have offered to act as a Mod. ;)

May I suggest that if anyone has cause to question my work here as a Mod then would they please use the appropriate channels instead of disrupting this thread, and provide a link to any transgression.

By responding to the attempted character attack, they are are feeding the original disruptive trolling. ;)

I won't respond further on this thread. ;)
Left
heart

Post by heart »

Yeshe wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus

You are not trolling me. :)

What opinions have I expressed here on DW which give you concern?

My beliefs do not in any way conflict with applying ToS. If they did so, I would not have offered to act as a Mod. ;)
Oh, I thought that your first post in this thread was a bit on the edge. Maybe I am oversensitive.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
spiritnoname

Post by spiritnoname »

Yeshe seems to be an ok moderator, are his personal views influencing his moderation? If not you should leave his status as a mod out of things,.. that's just how you uphold your integrity.

If moderator's personal views are influencing the moderation, the forum becomes a sort of one sided democracy and manages to get the attention of high lamas for abuses like E-sangha did, it will be destroyed like E-sangha. It's just a website after all, but I don't think this forum is anywhere close to that though,..
Mr. G

Re: New Moderator on Staff

Post by Mr. G »

The off topic posts have been merged to this tread.

I'm sure members here are now aware that Yeshe is not with NKT, nor is he a practitioner of the gyalpo Shugden. He abides by instructions given to practitioners by H.H. the Dalai Lama, as do I, and Ngawang Drolma.

:namaste:
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

spiritnoname wrote:Yeshe seems to be an ok moderator, are his personal views influencing his moderation? If not you should leave his status as a mod out of things,.. that's just how you uphold your integrity.
Hi spirit,

In terms of how this forum is run, we strictly abide by the instructions of H.H. Dalai Lama. Due to this, we would not allow a person affiliated with the NKT or a practitioner of Shugden to hold the position of Moderator or Administrator. As we respect His Holiness' wishes, we uphold our integrity.

:namaste:
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
spiritnoname

Re: New Moderator on Staff

Post by spiritnoname »

Mr. Gordo that's good to know,..

I'm not a practitioner of Shugden,.. I'm not NKT,.. I don't have much to do with them, only actually talked to a administrator of a center once on the phone,.. I think she was sending out feelers to abandon it,..

I seem impartial because I have obligations to myself to follow protocols that mitigate my ability to form and act on warped views. I always sound like the devils advocate because of this, but it's worth it.

Return to “Announcements”