Dzogchen practiced on different solar systems?

In the bone yard

Re: Dzogchen practiced on different solar systems?

Post by In the bone yard »

duffster1 wrote:I heard that Chogyal Namkhai Norbu has stated that Dzogchen is practiced on different solar systems.How would a person know such a thing? Is it even possible to be able to have such information,i find this statement puzzling and incredible at the same time.

:anjali:
Master Norbu may be refering to the illusory body.
Often times you'll see planets being referred to as different points within the body such as the different chakras and channels within the body. The 24 planets, etc....

A yogi, or one on the path (a realized one), lives their life through the illusory body. Tantra is (secret) language intended for yogis only. It's no different than dolphins or elephants having their own language that we can't understand unless we are a dolphin or elephant. You can only understand the language if you are one of them.

We can't take anything we read in tantra as literal. Same as the Bible. Look at some of the trouble people have caused by people trying to take it literally.
It's language for those who are living through their illusory body (yogis).
It is a waste of time trying to intellectualize tantra!
It's like scientists who are trying to understand whale song. A complete and distracting waste of time!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

In the bone yard wrote:
Master Norbu may be refering to the illusory body.

No.
In the bone yard

Post by In the bone yard »

Yes. :jumping:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

In the bone yard wrote:Yes. :jumping:

Rinpoche is not talking about illusory body in this context. He really means that there are thirteen other planets where Dzogchen is present being taught.
Rakz

Post by Rakz »

Malcolm wrote:

Rinpoche is not talking about illusory body in this context. He really means that there are thirteen other planets where Dzogchen is present being taught.
In this solar system? Hmmmm
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Nighthawk wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Not in this solar system.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Nighthawk wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

No, not in this solar system, obviously.
duffster1

Post by duffster1 »

Malcolm wrote:

Hi,so he IS saying Dzogchen is being practiced on other planets?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

duffster1 wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Hi,so he IS saying Dzogchen is being practiced on other planets?

Yes, he is. Over and over again for years.
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

To isolate only one sentence out of the rich context of a whole teaching, it is useless and misleading.
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
CarySanders

Post by CarySanders »

duffster1 wrote:I heard that Chogyal Namkhai Norbu has stated that Dzogchen is practiced on different solar systems.How would a person know such a thing? Is it even possible to be able to have such information,i find this statement puzzling and incredible at the same time.

I don't think it is possible.. But religion is mysterious and such predictions are often made.
florin

Post by florin »

CarySanders wrote:

I don't think it is possible.
And you know that how?
philji

Post by philji »

Is it important? To me no
Can I practice dzogchen here..now that is important.... :alien:
CarySanders

Post by CarySanders »

CarySanders wrote:
duffster1 wrote:I heard that Chogyal Namkhai Norbu has stated that Dzogchen is practiced on different solar panels.How would a person know such a thing? Is it even possible to be able to have such information,i find this statement puzzling and incredible at the same time.

I don't think it is possible.. But religion is mysterious and such predictions are often made.
Ivo

Post by Ivo »

Dzogchen is practiced in many different places apart from this planet. It is not so hard to know that at all. You can travel if you are an adept of lucid dreaming (which Norbu Rinpoche definitely is), and there are also other ways you can go and check for yourself. The human experience and the human body itself is not so binding and limiting as it may seem. In fact, most people lose connection to it every night, and actually can not help it. Even if you try to keep the human perception stable you will not manage to do that for more than a couple of days, you will inevitably fall asleep.
Don't believe everything they teach you in school.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Ivo wrote:You can travel if you are an adept of lucid dreaming (which Norbu Rinpoche definitely is), and there are also other ways you can go and check for yourself.
Have you checked for yourself?
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Ivo

Post by Ivo »

dzogchungpa wrote:
Ivo wrote:You can travel if you are an adept of lucid dreaming (which Norbu Rinpoche definitely is), and there are also other ways you can go and check for yourself.
I may have, but there is no way this can be proven on a public discussion board. However, if you trust Norbu Rinpoche's transmissions, as many on this board do, there seems to be no reason not to trust his remarks on the availability of Dharma on other planets. If one doesn't trust that I see no way he/she can practice his treasure teachings.

Lucid dreaming is something very accessible these days, with the western systems for achieving it often much more advanced than the traditional Indian/Tibetan dream yoga systems. The same goes for the systems for achieving OBE, like the Monroe system. Both these, along with other methods, can be used to "check for yourself". Besides, the availability of Dharma on other planets is not something connected exclusively to the Dzogchen tradition. One only needs to read carefully the Avatamsaka sutra to make the connection. I don't understand why people always think that the pure realms are by definition something not connected to the observable physical universe. All the traditional explanations of pure realms and other worlds have been given at a time when the concepts of planets, solar systems, etc. were nonexistent. Do you really think that the Buddha would have explained the Earth within the context of Mount Meru, etc. had he been born today? If we do not have at least this much flexibility how can we practice a path of total liberation?
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Ivo wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:
I may have, but there is no way this can be proven on a public discussion board.
Well, did you or didn't you? I'm not asking you to prove it.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Ivo

Post by Ivo »

dzogchungpa wrote:
Ivo wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:Have you checked for yourself?
I may have, but there is no way this can be proven on a public discussion board.
Well, did you or didn't you? I'm not asking you to prove it.
Well, I guess that saying that I have will still rank lower than the other things I do on my insanity certification card, so the answer is "yes". And you can check for yourself too. Most people, quite probably yourself included, have extensive past life experience in living on other planets (physically), which can be accessed in several ways, including serious retreat practice. The Earth is not an isolated place at all. There is vast exchange going on all the time, the Dzogchen teachings themselves are a proof to that. It is traditionally said that there are in existence more than 6 400 000 Dzogchen tantras and only a fraction of those have been taught on Earth.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Ivo wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:Well, did you or didn't you? I'm not asking you to prove it.
Well, I guess that saying that I have will still rank lower than the other things I do on my insanity certification card, so the answer is "yes".
OK, now we're getting somewhere. Can you tell us something about what life on these other planets is like?

Return to “Dzogchen”