Post by oldbob »

http://www.wisdom-books.com/ProductDetail.asp?PID=13398

Looks like not restricted.

Thank you Eric, and Marcia.

Enjoy!
Rinchen Dorje

Re: Light of Wisdom Volume 3 out in November

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

yes..and it has a picture of Dorje Drolo on the cover...cool!
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
pensum

Post by pensum »

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but this is actually volume 5.
Volume 3 will one day be published, but there is no date yet as Marcia is still trying to raise the funds to finish the translation and publish the book (professional translators, editors, book designers, printers, etc. all still do need to be paid, no matter how measly the sum). so if you really would like to see it published you should send a donation to Rangjung Yeshe Publications to help ensure that it happens.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

pensum wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but this is actually volume 5.
Volume 3 will one day be published, but there is no date yet as Marcia is still trying to raise the funds to finish the translation and publish the book (professional translators, editors, book designers, printers, etc. all still do need to be paid, no matter how measly the sum). so if you really would like to see it published you should send a donation to Rangjung Yeshe Publications to help ensure that it happens.
Opps! Wishful thinking ref 3.

In the advert it is advertized as Vol 3.

So 1,2,4 and 5 are out. I have heard that they needed $7500 to publish Vol. 3. Not so much in the great scheme of things. I will send some money to RYP.
pensum

Post by pensum »

oldbob wrote:
pensum wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but this is actually volume 5.
Opps! Wishful thinking ref 3.

In the advert it is advertized as Vol 3.

So 1,2,4 and 5 are out. I have heard that they needed $7500 to publish Vol. 3. Not so much in the great scheme of things. I will send some money to RYP.
Actually i should provide some further clarification, as it is all somewhat confusing. The new volume actually contains the later section of what comes before the material in vol.4, together with the concluding sections which come after after vol. 4. The restricted material on the third empowerment and karmamudra practice (vol.3 proper) is yet to be published.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Can anyone tell me briefly what is in volume 4 and this most recent volume (5)? PM me if you don't want to post it publicly.
pensum

Post by pensum »

Sherlock wrote:Can anyone tell me briefly what is in volume 4 and this most recent volume (5)? PM me if you don't want to post it publicly.
No secrecy required as the contents for vols 3 & 4 are listed in vol. 5.

The four sections of Volume 4 are titled: Ati Yoga, Instruction Section, Trekcho and Thogal

The last volume contains sections on accomplishment (fire offering, making mendrub, guiding the dead, etc.), great accomplishment (drubchen), clearing hindrances, enhancement, final fruition, purpose of the oral instructions, and conclusion.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Thanks!

Return to “Dzogchen”