ChNNR Open Ati Yoga Webcast March 7-11

oldbob

ChNNR Open Ati Yoga Webcast March 7-11

Post by oldbob »

Retreat of Ati Yoga at Meriling , 7th – 11h March
“Dorsem Rigdrug Nasjyong”

OPEN WEBCAST, GMT+0

7th March 5-7pm

Introduction of this retreat teaching and Ati Guru Yoga.

8th March 10am-12pm

Giving Transmission of this teaching with its instruction.

9th March 10am-12pm

Giving more clear instruction of this retreat teaching and then we do this practice altogether.

10th March 10am-12pm

We do this practice intensive altogether.

11th March 10am-12pm

Giving advices and some tridlung of collective practices. We finish our retreat with a practice of Guru Yoga.

In the Webcast Site http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast You will find updated SCHEDULE and information.

Bye,
The Webcast Team

Re: ChNNR Open Ati Yoga Webcast March 7-11

Post by florin »

oldbob wrote:Retreat of Ati Yoga at Meriling , 7th – 11h March
“Dorsem Rigdrug Nasjyong”
What does "Dorsem Rigdrug Nasjyong" mean ?
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

According to Elio Guarisco, "Dorsem Rigdrug Nasjyong" translates as "Vajrasatva Purification of the six realms."

To which I would add, whenever a Dzogchen Master, such as ChNNR, teaches, he is teaching Dzogchen. If you pray with strong faith (the hairs on your forearms stand up and you have tears in your eyes are examples of what strong faith feels like) and imagine a white AH syllable (English or Tibetan) in your heart and a white AH syllable in his heart, and make them the same, there is every likelihood that some kind of transmission / connection will be made. This is not limited by distance.

What is said, and shared as information, is only the surface of the ocean. There are many other levels going on at once. :twothumbsup: :smile:

May this be helpful,

ob
Kris

Post by Kris »

oldbob wrote:According to Elio Guarisco, "Dorsem Rigdrug Nasjyong" translates as "Vajrasatva Purification of the six realms."

To which I would add, whenever a Dzogchen Master, such as ChNNR, teaches, he is teaching Dzogchen. If you pray with strong faith (the hairs on your forearms stand up and you have tears in your eyes are examples of what strong faith feels like) and imagine a white AH syllable (English or Tibetan) in your heart and a white AH syllable in his heart, and make them the same, there is every likelihood that some kind of transmission / connection will be made. This is not limited by distance.

What is said, and shared as information, is only the surface of the ocean. There are many other levels going on at once. :twothumbsup: :smile:

May this be helpful,

ob
:good: :twothumbsup:
I will do this tomorrow, I wish I would have read this earlier to practice it for todays webcast but there is always room for growth, thx OB
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Soap-Bubble

Post by Soap-Bubble »

oldbob wrote:According to Elio Guarisco, "Dorsem Rigdrug Nasjyong" translates as "Vajrasatva Purification of the six realms."
Thanks. I was wondering what the title of the webcast meant, too.
a soap-bubble represents radiant emptiness
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the current Ati Yoga teachings.

I didn't see the announcement until just after the first day's session had been wrapped up. But I tuned in to the 2nd day's teachings and it seemed ChNNR did not give an empowerment or pointing out as i had assumed he would from the schedule. The schedule said, "transmission and instructions" I have never attended any Ati Yoga teachings, so I am confused as to what is going on, just wondering if i missed the pointing out or empowerment on the first day or what.

Also, are we good to go having missed the first day, or do we need to try and catch the whole deal next time it comes around. That said his talk was invaluable and i got much from it anyway.

Having hard time keeping up on ChNNR's schedule. I keep finding out he's doing teachings after the fact. If anyone has any tips as to how to get notifications or where to check for a comprehensive webcast schedule It'd be much appreciated.
Soap-Bubble

Post by Soap-Bubble »

Rinpoche doesn't always comply with the schedule, but most of the time he does. This could be the fault of people who post the schedule, for all we know.

The first day is always, unless there's a great exception, introduction to ati yoga teachings in general. So if you cannot watch, you can afford to miss it without damaging your chance of receiving whatever transmission is attached to the webcast. As well as the last day, which is reserved for advice for daily practices and receiving tridlungs for practices. But if it's your first time, you don't want to miss the last day, that's how you'll get the lungs. Otherwise you can't do any practices.

By transmission in schedule they mean transmission for a particular practice. It's no good without direct transmission of dzogchen first. The direct transmission is going to happen in a week, on the 16th of March, 3am GMT. For now you should visit your local dzogchen community and receive detailed instructions on what to do to receive it. My personal advice would be do it quickly, a week is just enough time to learn everything. If there's none in your city, then you can receive explanations online from someone else, you can contact me or others. But try searching online for someone in your city first, I'd help you if I knew Dzogchen Community sites in Thailand, but I don't, and I've found only one person connected to Thailand Community here:
http://www.dzogchen.org.au/contact/who.php

For schedule and much more you can subscrube to Norbunet, if you haven't: send a blank email from your account to [email protected]; or if you have a Google account, go to http://groups.google.com/group/norbunet and click on the Apply for membership. There are also schedules with dates available on various websites, some more and some less detailed:
http://dzogchencommunityuk.org/dzogchen ... 08/94.html
http://www.dzamlinggar.net/schedule/upc ... 14/03/08/-
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

Thanks loads Soapy. I sent you a message to your inbox.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Did anyone happen to write down all of the transmissions Rinpoche gave at the end?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

I am new to CHNNR so I still have some problems understanding him, he did the lungs very quickly and commented very quickly, so best as i can do is give you a partial list based on partial undertstanding. Maybe others can confirm:

1. Green Tara + 21 Tara Action mantras, fairly sure about this.
2. Vajrapani, sure about this.
3.Seemed to be 2 different Garuda practices, I really did not catch even a third of what he was saying.
4. Nam Ka or Nam Ta and Lung Ka or Lung Ta perhaps even Lum Ta or Lum Ka. Didn't catch much of what he said, it seemed that he said it was something to do with ganapuja.
5. Long Life Practice. Something about mandala and long life. It seemed there were two separate Long Life lungs, it seemed that he may have stopped giving the lung and began talking about the importance of Amitayus and then continued with the same lung or began a new lung.
6. Medicine Buddah, sounded like he was saying this was Guru Padmasambhava Medicine Buddah, not sure.
7. Guru Padmasambhava protection mantra. Was this part of the previous one or not?
8. A mantra for strengthening the life element of the body, strength, energy and capacity of the body, I have no idea how to spell this and I didn't hear the name clearly, sounded something like Chipadjay.
9. Tun book medium ganapuja
10. Something that sounded like Guru Trafull or Guru Dragpur. He said the mantra could be used as a guru yoga mantra, so that makes me wonder if it wasn't the aspect of Guru Padmasambhava called Guru Dradok, a wild guess perhaps.
11. Medium Ganapuja seemed to have been given again, or was there a second short Ganapuja from another cycle of practices or was it simply mentioned before giving the short ganapuja?
12. Short Ganapuja, I think.
Soap-Bubble

Post by Soap-Bubble »

+ vajra armor mantra

5-7. Long life practices of: Mandarava, Amitayus, Medicine Buddha, Padmasambhava.

10. No separate mantras given. He was explaining that they (Guru Draphpur or Simhamukha from tuns and ganapujas) can be used on their own if there's need for it, without the whole tun or ganapuja thing to frame them. I.e. do their mantras after guru-yoga.
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

Thanks again Soap Bubble.

I did not hear him mention that we had the green light to do these practices, based on the lung.

But if we are free to do these practices and mantras, are they all in the Tun Book? I would assume the Tara mantras and practices are in the Tara book.
Soap-Bubble

Post by Soap-Bubble »

Most of these are secondary practices to help you with issues in daily life and they're all over the booklets. Tun book is comprised of tuns and ganapujas.

But you really don't need all these practices, you do them if you feel like you have to.

The rule of thumb is that if you see that a practice has guru-yoga, it means you need transmission to do it. If it's just a mantra, then the lung can suffice. But the booklets are in the restricted section anyway.
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

So, do you mean that we do not technically have permission before we have access to restricted booklets?

For example, I am interested in the 21 Taras. I see that that book or booklet seems to be available.

Also, what about the book entitled "Mantras and Invocations?" In the decription it says:

"The collection contains all series of Guruyoga, Yidam transformation practices, all series of Ganapuja, long life practices, purification practices, protection mantras, and Guardian invocations as well as Medicine Buddha mantras, the Naga rite, Sang, and Serkyem." Seems like this book would be the one to get rather than trying to locate numerous booklets.

Sorry to keep banging on, but I am interested and would like a chance to use any of the mantras Chogyal Namkhai Norbu gave. I have quite extensive main practices i do, including guru yoga, but the idea of secondary practices to be done as needed seems worth investigating, if not a positive inspiration and boost to practice.

Much appreciated!
Soap-Bubble

Post by Soap-Bubble »

Shemmy wrote:So, do you mean that we do not technically have permission before we have access to restricted booklets?
My guess is that these books are restricted because all practices require at least lungs. Otherwise people without lungs would be buying them and chanting mantras left and right. Apart from that, there's no need to restrict booklets like Vajra Armor. So technically you have persmission, but the situation is that they're still restricted.

Green Tara books are in restricted section, as far as I can see. As for Mantras and Invocations, yes, it covers pretty much everything, but it doesn't explain how to practice in detail, there are only texts. Plus there's a CD. I found it to be helpful to learn how the words are pronounced.

There are only a few days to wait for direct transmission, though, and since you were going to receive it anyway, why not wait? But I'm reasonably sure you can apply the main Green Tara mantra if you want to, just imagine her in front of you. Action mantras, if that's what you were interested in, are supposed to have power after you've done the practice of their deity extensively enough.
ratna

Post by ratna »

Shemmy wrote:So, do you mean that we do not technically have permission before we have access to restricted booklets?
For example, I am interested in the 21 Taras. I see that that book or booklet seems to be available.
If you received the lungs in the webcast, you have permission and can order the respective restricted booklets to your heart's content. You need the booklets rather than the book of mantras because the former include instructions on how to actually do the practices.
Russell

Post by Russell »

Remember when ChNN is teaching he is always introducing you to your real nature, whether it is a formal direct introduction or him talking about pink elephants.
:namaste:
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

OK, that's a bit more clear. But, where do we get the booklets? They don't appear to be at the Shang Shung Institute bookstore.
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

Sorry, never mind, I found the booklets. I had thought there was one centralized Shang Shung bookshop. I see there are many and different shops carry different items. The one I was looking at doesn't carry booklets apparently. These are not available as e-texts anyway. Its a huge hassle to have things sent into this country. I'll have to travel 4-6 hours to the nearest customs depot and when I get there, if they haven't closed up shop early for the day, have to wrangle with the corrupt officials and pay another 100-200 percent, whatever they want to charge. There is a problem with importing Buddhist items as well, so they may just haul off and confiscate my order, not likely but it can and does happen in the Buddhist Kingdom of Thailand. Easier to just do Guru yoga and do it all.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Shemmy wrote:OK, that's a bit more clear. But, where do we get the booklets? They don't appear to be at the Shang Shung Institute bookstore.
The bookstore in Italy has the ebooks and mp3 downloads.

http://www.shangshungstore.org/

Return to “Dzogchen”