Dorje Phurba/ Vajrakilaya

heart

Re: Dorje Phurba/ Vajrakilaya

Post by heart »

You know Earth Dragon the normal way in Vajrayana to approach a deity like Vajrakilaya is like this;

1. Request the empowerment, the oral transmission and explanation of the practice from your heart while presenting an offering. Repeat many times if necessary until your Guru accepts your request. Please understand that it is a major commitment on your side, you have to do many years of practice every day. It is also a big responsibility for the Guru. So don't do this if you are not very serious and dedicated.

2. Receive the empowerment, the oral transmission and explanation of the practice. This can take quite some time if there are texts that need translation and so on.

3. Do the practice and study the commentary or commentaries. Ask your Guru questions when possible to resolve doubts. Learn how to perform the various rituals as well as you can.

Eventually, if you practice very well for many years, the full meaning of Vajrkilaya and many of its rituals and teachings will arise in your own mind. At that point you can check with your Guru if your understanding and realization is correct.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Earth Dragon

Post by Earth Dragon »

heart wrote:You know Earth Dragon the normal way in Vajrayana to approach a deity like Vajrakilaya is like this;

1. Request the empowerment, the oral transmission and explanation of the practice from your heart while presenting an offering. Repeat many times if necessary until your Guru accepts your request. Please understand that it is a major commitment on your side, you have to do many years of practice every day. It is also a big responsibility for the Guru. So don't do this if you are not very serious and dedicated.

2. Receive the empowerment, the oral transmission and explanation of the practice. This can take quite some time if there are texts that need translation and so on.

3. Do the practice and study the commentary or commentaries. Ask your Guru questions when possible to resolve doubts. Learn how to perform the various rituals as well as you can.

Eventually, if you practice very well for many years, the full meaning of Vajrkilaya and many of its rituals and teachings will arise in your own mind. At that point you can check with your Guru if your understanding and realization is correct.

Thank you for your simple but effective advice

/magnus
karma naheb

Post by karma naheb »

Venerable Sangha,
I have received the initiation or empowerment of Longchen Nyinthing Vajrakilaya From $th Dodrupchen Rinpoche,I do have the text and all other things but I have not much explanation in english,if anyone has the complete explanation of the mandala generation of the main and another deities and possibly a photo ,I would be greatly helped and feel grateful
thanking you
Regards,
Karma Naheb
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

karma naheb wrote:Venerable Sangha,
I have received the initiation or empowerment of Longchen Nyinthing Vajrakilaya From $th Dodrupchen Rinpoche,I do have the text and all other things but I have not much explanation in english,if anyone has the complete explanation of the mandala generation of the main and another deities and possibly a photo ,I would be greatly helped and feel grateful
thanking you
Regards,
Karma Naheb
Normally one receives the "tri" or instructions on the practice from a qualified lama, then one can use the explanations as a support. But you need to receive the tri directly. Most lamas in the Longchen Nyingthig tradition will give you this if you are sincere, especially if you have received the empowerment from the likes of Dodrupchen Rinpoche.
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications
lama tsewang

Post by lama tsewang »

the most extensive practical instructions in english on phurba is from lama tharchin, on the friends of lama tharchin website .
emaho

Post by emaho »

mahabuddha wrote:"Hey teacher tell me all the secret information." No, it's probably better you find it on the internet ;)
Isn't it sometimes really a bit like that? ;)

Guru Mountain vs Internet.jpg
Guru Mountain vs Internet.jpg (49.77 KiB) Viewed 5254 times
"I struggled with some demons, They were middle class and tame..." L. Cohen
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

lama tsewang wrote:the most extensive practical instructions in english on phurba is from lama tharchin, on the friends of lama tharchin website .
But at $495 I think the DVDs are remarkably expensive. So much so that it would surely price all but the richest out of the market.

You can get 9 and a half hours of teaching from HH Getse Rinpoche on the same practice for $15 on vimalatreasures.org
byamspa

Post by byamspa »

Garchen-la's teachings from the last Drubchen are available on CD, i think its like 16$.

http://www.garchen.net/GBI-Shop/index.p ... ajrakilaya
Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
Karma Lodrö

Post by Karma Lodrö »

Tashi de lek ! If he is an advanced Guru, he manifests himself as the Yidam.
Up to you to clarify your view till you can see...
100000 Preliminary Practices are a useful beginning. :namaste:
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Karma Lodrö wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:35 am Tashi de lek ! If he is an advanced Guru, he manifests himself as the Yidam.
Up to you to clarify your view till you can see...
100000 Preliminary Practices are a useful beginning. :namaste:
:zzz:
Lost In Transmission
Karma Lodrö

Post by Karma Lodrö »

This practice doesn't come for free. It took 70 monks to carry the offering for my own lama Rinpoche's empowerment... :popcorn:
Try to go to your Guru with an ounce of gold. Very appreciated generally.
Karma Lodrö

Post by Karma Lodrö »

Yeti wrote: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:40 am
karma naheb wrote:Venerable Sangha,
thanking you
Regards,
Karma Naheb
Complete transmissions are usually given during 3 years retreat... Intense purification and practice are mandatory.
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

100000 is nothing. You should do 100000000000.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Soma999 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:58 am 100000 is nothing. You should do 100000000000.
That is too many zeros to count on a computer screen! You should try using comma between each 000. ;)

1 million 2 hundred thousand is a normally the starter for a Yidam practice.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

michaelb wrote: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:21 pmBut at $495 I think the DVDs are remarkably expensive. So much so that it would surely price all but the richest out of the market.

You can get 9 and a half hours of teaching from HH Getse Rinpoche on the same practice for $15[/url]
byampsa wrote:Garchen-la's teachings from the last Drubchen are available on CD, i think its like 16$.
Really? We are really discussing the merit of a commentary based on it's cost??? Really???
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Grigoris wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:36 am
michaelb wrote: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:21 pmBut at $495 I think the DVDs are remarkably expensive. So much so that it would surely price all but the richest out of the market.

You can get 9 and a half hours of teaching from HH Getse Rinpoche on the same practice for $15[/url]
byampsa wrote:Garchen-la's teachings from the last Drubchen are available on CD, i think its like 16$.
Really? We are really discussing the merit of a commentary based on it's cost??? Really???

Merit based on cost? michaelb did not mention it, so it looks like you introduced that criterion all by yourself. ;)
Obviosuly, cost is no indicator of the relative value of the commentaries, but I'm not alone in knowing of Lamas who look at their students and see £ $ .
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

If it's this series of teachings, the price has gone down a lot: ($110)
https://www.heartteachings.com/collecti ... 22-mp4-mp3
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

JKhedrup wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:27 pm This is a topic that interests me because a quite highly regarded Gelug lama told me I have a connection to Vajrakilaya and should pursue it.
Was it LZR who told you this?
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

As far as pictures, you can get a good reproduction of a thangka with the Kilaya deities at mahasiddha.org bookstore.

Return to “Nyingma”