DC Ganapuja question

bryandavis

DC Ganapuja question

Post by bryandavis »

Greetings,

So i was able to participate in the last wwt by ChNNR. Was very joyed to be able to do so and it was a very powerful experience for me.

I joined DC and ordered the precious vase, a teaching on shitro ( interested in that), and the tun book.

My question is: Can I engaged in the Ganapuja or do I have to wait until I receive lung from Rinpoche? Also Can one practice all of the Guru yoga's in this or Since I received the DI via the Garab Dorje transmission am I only allowed to practice that one?

Thanks for any insight,

all the best,
Bryan.
Soap-Bubble

Re: DC Ganapuja question

Post by Soap-Bubble »

Hello, if you happened to watch the last day of the last webcasted retreat, then you have ganapuja lungs. Otherwise, it's ok to engage in it together with community even if you don't have them. I'm sorry but I'm not sure about engaging in it alone.

Direct introduction is not really connected to any specific type of guru yoga, all methods are ok. Lungs are required only for practices that have mantras. Usually most of those are given on the last retreat day, including shitro.
a soap-bubble represents radiant emptiness
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

Technically speaking, tsog means gathering.

It is a group practice. People do make food offerings, though.
colloquially it is called tsog. Also, if just men, it is not called
tsog, it is called 'celebration of pawos.' If all women, it is called
'celebration of Khandros' If both Pawos and khandros are present
then it is called tsog. This is the general meaning as explained
by Mipham and others. If DC in practice does it differently,
no problem. DC is a different community.
Soap-Bubble

Post by Soap-Bubble »

I asked more knowledgable people about ganapuja, those who've been in DC for a much longer time. It seems that it's ok to do a condensed ganapuja of Jigme Lingpa. It's included in a longer version of normal ganapuja.

Then again, there was a statement in the past that if someone is planning for sure to get the required lungs, they can do any practice.
a soap-bubble represents radiant emptiness
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Rinpoche is giving all Lungs of Anuyoga practices in every teaching (not during WWT though). So, somebody who has followed, at least, one teaching won't miss anything.
From the other hand, lung is not the only thing which is required. Explanation is also necessary for knowing what we are doing during practice.
Then learning of melodies, mudras, music instruments etc.
So, somebody needs either a lot of lonely study through books, CDs, DVDs etc, and/or participation in a live Community with people who already know well the practice.
The sound of s i l e n c e.....

Return to “Dzogchen”