Abt Rinchen Terzod

yeshi

Abt Rinchen Terzod

Post by yeshi »

Does anyone know about any Rinchen Terzod wang that may take place this year, or in a near future? I really want to receive it.
ngodrup

Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod

Post by ngodrup »

Only rarely given.
pensum

Post by pensum »

Also it takes a long time. When it was given at Mindrolling in 2008-9 it took 5 months. So best to prepare your life accordingly for when the opportunity does arise for you to receive it.
Sherab

Post by Sherab »

HH Lhoga Rinpoche, 84th throne holder of Kathok Monastery, will be giving the Rinchen Terdzod empowerment in the month of June this year at Chamo Monastery in Ma Er Kang county, Aba prefecture, Sichuan province in China. I don't think there will be any translation facility.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

How long will it take?
Sherab

Post by Sherab »

Sherlock wrote:How long will it take?
A month, maybe a little longer. Oral transmission is included, but I don't know who will be giving the oral transmission.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

That's pretty short. Do you know what dates precisely?

Thanks
Sherab

Post by Sherab »

Sherlock wrote:That's pretty short. Do you know what dates precisely?

Thanks
Starting date is 3 June 2014.
yeshi

Post by yeshi »

i think it takes at least 3 months to confer Rinchen Terdzod wang ^^ I really hope that there will be Rinchen Terdzoz wanglung in India or Nepal.
Sherab

Post by Sherab »

yeshi wrote:i think it takes at least 3 months to confer Rinchen Terdzod wang ^^ I really hope that there will be Rinchen Terdzoz wanglung in India or Nepal.
HH Lhoga Rinpoche has given the Rinchen Terdzod a number of times and 1 month or slightly more is all he need to complete the entire set of empowerments.
yeshi

Post by yeshi »

Sherab wrote:
yeshi wrote:i think it takes at least 3 months to confer Rinchen Terdzod wang ^^ I really hope that there will be Rinchen Terdzoz wanglung in India or Nepal.
HH Lhoga Rinpoche has given the Rinchen Terdzod a number of times and 1 month or slightly more is all he need to complete the entire set of empowerments.
wonderful! did u ever receive this from Kyabje Lhoga Rinpoche?
Sherab

Post by Sherab »

yeshi wrote:
Sherab wrote:
wonderful! did u ever receive this from Kyabje Lhoga Rinpoche?
No, I've not taken the Rinchen Terdzod.
mmm

Post by mmm »

Hi I was in Mindrolling in Rinchen terdzo when HH Takluing Tsetrul Rinpoche gave it in 2008-9. It can be given in simple way like for example Penor Rinpoche gave it in Namdroling in south India in 2001, which took 2 month. Then medium length and then elaborate, which was the case of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche gave it in MIndrolling 1978 and again HH Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche in 2008-9 giving wang and Namkhai Nyingpo Rinpoche giving lung. It took 5 month - lung was given daily 7-1130 and wang 1 to 7 pm. It is good to know some tibetan otherwise you loose much of the teachings transmitted. There is a rumor Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche wants to confer it all in English, maybe its tru or not I dont know. Some time ago it was given by Situ Rinpoche in Sherabling, and by Namkha Drime Rinpoche in Orrisa, also by Kathok Moktsa somewhere in Nepal.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Just to add to the thread, Kyabje Yangthang Rinpoche gave the whole RTD here in the Bay Area a while back.....it took, what, three months or so? There was a fair amount of English "Commentary" involved, I think...I only attended one day, but it was a good day!
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

If anyone wants to receive this wang but can't find where it's being given in India/Nepal, you should know that Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche will be giving the Dam Ngak Dzod ---one of Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche's other treasuries --- in Kathmandu, Nepal from October 8 to December 6, 2014.

http://www.benchen.org/en/monastery-nep ... ns-in-2014

The Dam Ngak Dzod includes a good deal of Nyingma/Dzogchen empowerments & transmissions, though obviously not as much or all the same things as the Rinchen Ter Dzod. In the DNgDz, volumes 1 and 2 are entirely focused on Nyingma/Dzogchen teachings, though traditionally these are given last and the Kadampa teachings are given first.

Here's a list of the contents: http://gdamsngagmdzod.tsadra.org/index. ... ngag_mdzod

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
pensum

Post by pensum »

Karma Jinpa wrote:If anyone wants to receive this wang but can't find where it's being given in India/Nepal, you should know that Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche will be giving the Dam Ngak Dzod ---one of Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche's other treasuries --- in Kathmandu, Nepal from October 8 to December 6, 2014.

If anyone is going, could you please record it and send me a copy so that i can receive everything at my leisure? thanks. :coffee:
heart

Post by heart »

pensum wrote:
Karma Jinpa wrote:If anyone wants to receive this wang but can't find where it's being given in India/Nepal, you should know that Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche will be giving the Dam Ngak Dzod ---one of Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche's other treasuries --- in Kathmandu, Nepal from October 8 to December 6, 2014.

If anyone is going, could you please record it and send me a copy so that i can receive everything at my leisure? thanks. :coffee:
:smile:

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Palzang Jangchub

pensum wrote:

Unfortunately for you, Garchen Rinpoche won't be giving it, so no... :stirthepot: :rules: :tongue:

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

pensum

Post by pensum »

Karma Jinpa wrote:Unfortunately for you, Garchen Rinpoche won't be giving it, so no... :stirthepot: :rules: :tongue:
hehe… that was just too good of an opportunity to pass up giving everyone a chuckle.
Palzang Jangchub

Indeed. I do sincerely wonder if any of it will be webcast live, though. I've already emailed the gompa, so perhaps I should ask... Would you be interested in that?

Return to “Nyingma”