5 Element Practice and 5 Buddah Families

Shemmy

5 Element Practice and 5 Buddah Families

Post by Shemmy »

I haven't encountered any mention of this connection in Dzogchen Community's 5 elements practice. In general the elements are linked to the 5 families and was curious if anyone knew whether these are considered linked in ChNN's 5 element practice or not. If he hasn't said anything about it, maybe we shouldn't speculate, tho we probablu will anyway, but primarily just wondering if I had just simply missed something he'd taught or whether they are simply not considered to be connected in ChNN's teachings.

On a side note, for me, the 5 elements practice is much faster at getting me to where i need to go as far as being in a meditative state. Very useful, liberating, time saving and amazing stuff. :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:
heart

Re: 5 Element Practice and 5 Buddah Families

Post by heart »

The five khandros of the five buddhas are the five elements, so there is a clear connection.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

So then are we also or actually practicing the 5 Khandros by doing 5 elements?
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

You can also take a look at Mandarava practice.
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

Ok, thanks, I'll keep that in mind for the day I get instruction in that practice.
heart

Post by heart »

Shemmy wrote:So then are we also or actually practicing the 5 Khandros by doing 5 elements?
Yes, their essence.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

Thanks Magnus that is very enriching info, much appreciated.

Return to “Dzogchen”