The Language of the Eyes

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Jesse

Re: The Language of the Eyes

Post by Jesse »

Sherab Dorje wrote:so let me ask you a question: what do you want from your life, being something you will never know or being content, Being enlightened.
Just figured id answer this from a non-enlightened perspective. You can do anything or whatever you want with life, that isn't the point.. the point of life is being alive itself in each moment, that's the whole of and the entire point.
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
Kaore

Post by Kaore »

Sherab Dorje wrote:
This is simple there are things you can't know unless you go there somehow.
That's right, and Buddhas know these things by turning their attention to them (going there somehow). You are just going to have face the fact that, according to Buddhist criteria, you are not fully enlightened. It is that simple. Mybe according to your criteria you are, but this is a "Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism" so your criteria take a back seat to the criteria of the Arya Sangha.
Kaore wrote:do you know what a buddha is? rather than asking to others on the internet with many sources?
a buddha is you simple. you said buddha are beyond satisfaction/non satisfaction dualism, so let me ask you a question: what do you want from your life, being something you will never know or being content?
Being enlightened.
can you tell me where I can find a buddhist forum only? including theravada then, thanks.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Kaore wrote:can you tell me where I can find a buddhist forum only?
I have no idea what you are asking for here. This is a Buddhist forum.
including theravada then, thanks.
http://www.dhammawheel.com is an exclusively Theravada forum, but you are not likely to get much of a welcome there if you go off proclaiming to be enlightened. Theravadin Buddhist believe there can only be one Buddha in each age, and this age already has its Buddha: Shakyamuni Buddha
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Kaore

Post by Kaore »

perfect i am at home then.

Return to “Lounge”