Other Nichiren forums?

nichirenista

Other Nichiren forums?

Post by nichirenista »

Does anyone here have suggestions for other Nichiren forums? Thanks. :twothumbsup:
rory

Re: Other Nichiren forums?

Post by rory »

Nichirenista; Sorry but such well-known posters as Queequeg and others have migrated here. So I'd say this is the active Nichiren forum unless you go to a yahoo Nichiren group (but I think yahoo groups are closing down....)
gassho
Rory
Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu
Chih-I:
The Tai-ching states "the women in the realms of Mara, Sakra and Brahma all neither abandoned ( their old) bodies nor received (new) bodies. They all received buddhahood with their current bodies (genshin)" Thus these verses state that the dharma nature is like a great ocean. No right or wrong is preached (within it) Ordinary people and sages are equal, without superiority or inferiority
Paul, Groner "The Lotus Sutra in Japanese Culture"eds. Tanabe p. 58
https://www.tendai-usa.org/
nichirenista

Post by nichirenista »

Thanks anyway. :)
Myoho-Nameless

Post by Myoho-Nameless »

Its sad, we are so small in number within an already minority religion that we must piggyback off the Himalayan Buddhists and be subject to their sensibilities and interference. We have some of our own unique issues and happenings but we cannot discuss them in our own way.

On the other hand, I am grateful for Dharma Wheel and we all should be.

Karma.
"Keep The Gods Out Of It. Swear On Your Heads. Which I Will Take If You Break Your Vow."- Geralt of Rivia
nichirenista

Post by nichirenista »

My thought exactly. And why, by the way, isn't there a Nichiren forum?
Myoho-Nameless

Post by Myoho-Nameless »

Myself, Masaru, Queequeg, and illaraza (other people probably deserve to be named) were the last active members of the nichiren sangha, which was founded by user MarkP, who had a stroke and was unable to continue to keep it up. Queequeg held it up for some time after, but in the end, it was too small, there were few active consistent members, it had run it's course.

There were others, but for myself I cannot talk about them as I did not belong to them, before my interest in nichiren Buddhism. We are just small is all. Though these things are also moving towards things like social media.
"Keep The Gods Out Of It. Swear On Your Heads. Which I Will Take If You Break Your Vow."- Geralt of Rivia
Masaru

Post by Masaru »

Myoho-Nameless wrote:Its sad, we are so small in number within an already minority religion that we must piggyback off the Himalayan Buddhists and be subject to their sensibilities and interference. We have some of our own unique issues and happenings but we cannot discuss them in our own way.

On the other hand, I am grateful for Dharma Wheel and we all should be.
Speaking of gratitude, some jerk named Queenqeg or whatever has a site that he operates from Silent Hill NJ. Maybe we should check it out.

But seriously. Upasaka Queequeg has been a firm pillar of the Nichiren community for a long time and has had his site operational since before MarkP's ichinensanzen.org went down. We just never went.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Thanks for the shout out, M. I didn't mention my site because eyes on the site might guilt trip me into following through with my professed plans. Lol.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
mansurhirbi87

Post by mansurhirbi87 »

Brother,

is your site still working ? does it changed the adress ?

_/\_
gohonzon

Post by gohonzon »

Why not go back to Soka Gakkai? They're not that bad, and the are way more accepting of mixing religions now in 2017. Plus you can even learn a Fan dance or two. All Gohonzon is the same anyway, according to them.
The Dai-Gohonzon of the High Sanctuary of the Essential Teachings is Legally owned & cared for exclusively by the Nichiren Shoshu Orthodox Temple Priesthood. — vowed Temple members are called "Hokkeko". :applause:

Return to “Nichiren”